PDA

View Full Version : Deal of the Day

Rich Konopka
12-03-2005, 9:09 AM
Here's a good deal for anyone who needs a 4 foot level. $19.99 and you get a free Tape Measure and Sheffield Utility Knife. The price on the Johnson level is a good price as well.

Amazon (http://slickdeals.net/?pno=6781&lno=1&afsrc=1) has the Johnson Level 86481 48" Aluminum Box Beam Level + "Big Johnson" Power Tape for $20 w/ free shipping.
Click here (http://slickdeals.net/?pno=6781&lno=1&afsrc=1) and click on the "Buy both and save" button to add both the level & measuring tape for $20.
Add Sheffield Folding Lock Back Utility Knife (http://slickdeals.net/?pno=6781&lno=3&afsrc=1)
Apply coupon code SHEFELDQ42K5 to get the knife free. Be sure to check your total before submitting.Your final Total should look like this:

<tt><tt>Subtotal of Items: $42.97
Shipping & Handling: $9.99
Best Value Savings: -$14.99
Super Saver Discount: -$9.99
Promotion Applied: -$7.99
---------
Total for this Order: $19.99</tt></tt>

Due to availability the knife and tape they will ship after the first of the year.

<table style="width: 1px; height: 32px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="14" width="100%"></td></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="100%">
</td></tr><tr><td class="showdeals" width="100%">
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Bill Simmeth
12-03-2005, 9:22 AM
Thanks a lot! :mad: First the Bessey sale, then Mark and his Fein drill deal, now this. I'm supposed to being buying gifts for others this month!! :o My will power is sooo low... :(

Steve Stube
12-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks Rich !!!

Bill I ordered one to give to my wife - I think she will decide she really doesn't have a need for it and pass it on to me. ;)

John Miliunas
12-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Hey, speaking of levels, anybody recommend a half-way decent laser level??? Just a 2-footer or so is fine, but I'd like something just a bit better than the $9.99 jobbie at the Borg. Believe it or not, this would be a present for the LOML!!! I got her a cheapie some time ago and it quit on her, but she just loved using it in the house for various projects. Thanks for any info!!!:) :cool:

Frank Pellow
12-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Bill I ordered one to give to my wife - I think she will decide she really doesn't have a need for it and pass it on to me. ;)
Hey Steve, she may fool you and start to use them herself :) (and like them so much that she will start to use all your tools as well :D ).

Steve Stube
12-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Frank, that would be fine by me. She is a sweetheart and a gem - very supportive of my shop activities and shop tool purchases. A week ago she persuaded me to get a new 5 HP Ingersol Rand air compressor (17.1 CFM @ 90 P.S.I. 230V Two-Stage 11.8 H.P. Peak 175 Max. P.S.I. 80 Gal. On-Site Service). [[ this is not a gloat, yet, as I'm still waiting on delivery ]]

Of coarse the compressor this one will replace will go to her Pet Grooming Shop where I do the blade sharpening, clipper repair and general maintenance.

Marc Langille
12-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks Rich - I can always use the extra utility knife and tape. My current 48" level is a little worse for the wear too... :rolleyes:

Daniel Simon
12-03-2005, 3:25 PM
One on the way! Thanks a bunch.

Peter Stahl
12-03-2005, 4:54 PM
Here's a good deal for anyone who needs a 4 foot level. $19.99 and you get a free Tape Measure and Sheffield Utility Knife. The price on the Johnson level is a good price as well.

Amazon (http://slickdeals.net/?pno=6781&lno=1&afsrc=1) has the Johnson Level 86481 48" Aluminum Box Beam Level + "Big Johnson" Power Tape for $20 w/ free shipping.
Click here (http://slickdeals.net/?pno=6781&lno=1&afsrc=1) and click on the "Buy both and save" button to add both the level & measuring tape for $20.
Add Sheffield Folding Lock Back Utility Knife (http://slickdeals.net/?pno=6781&lno=3&afsrc=1)
Apply coupon code SHEFELDQ42K5 to get the knife free. Be sure to check your total before submitting.Your final Total should look like this:

<tt><tt>Subtotal of Items: $42.97
Shipping & Handling: $9.99
Best Value Savings: -$14.99
Super Saver Discount: -$9.99
Promotion Applied: -$7.99
---------
Total for this Order: $19.99</tt></tt>

Due to availability the knife and tape they will ship after the first of the year.

<table style="width: 1px; height: 32px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="14" width="100%"></td></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="100%">
</td></tr><tr><td class="showdeals" width="100%">
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Rich,

How'd you get the Promotion code for the knife to work. I put it in and get a message saying: We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions. What do i need to do and does it have to be done with the Level deal?

thanks, Pete

Peter Stahl
12-03-2005, 5:11 PM
Never mind Rich, I tried doing a cut and paste with the code, didn't work. When I typed it in it worked fine.

thanks for the heads up on this deal.

Pete

Chris Pasko
12-03-2005, 5:35 PM
Wow, awesome deal! I just bought one of these levels two months ago for 40 or 50$ from Home Depot =).

Bob Johnson2
12-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Rich
Thanks.

Brett Baldwin
12-04-2005, 3:22 AM
Nice deal. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeffrey Schronce
12-04-2005, 3:49 AM
Awesome deal. My wife is going to hate that I found there forums. Picked up a Hitachi Bandsaw Thursday for 124.50 at Lowes due to another forum, now this.

Rich Konopka
12-04-2005, 7:22 AM
Rich,

How'd you get the Promotion code for the knife to work. I put it in and get a message saying: We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions. What do i need to do and does it have to be done with the Level deal?

thanks, Pete

Pete:

What probably happened is that when you copied the code it might have copied it as HTML rather than plain text. This could have thrown off the code rading the coupon number. If you use Firfox for a browser there is an extension you can install call copy plain text which gets you around these issue.

Glad you got it working.

doug webb
12-04-2005, 7:25 AM
had to register after months of lurking. but i wanted to thank you for the tip on the level. so thank you.

Rich Konopka
12-04-2005, 7:25 AM
I just went out to Amazon and selected tools and browse all hand Tools. On the left side it lists out the Top sellers in the Hand Tools category and the Johnson Tape and Level are 1 and 2 respectively. Word is out. ;)

Roger Reynolds
12-04-2005, 8:20 AM
Thanks Rich - great deal!

RichMagnone
12-04-2005, 9:55 AM
You really need to be on these boards daily or you miss a lot!

Thanks for the deal.

Bill Fields
12-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Rih:

Thanks--mine is ON THE WAY!

Everyone--more deals please!

BILL FIELDS

Vaughn McMillan
12-04-2005, 3:30 PM
I tried it late last night, and although I got the level and tape, try as I might I couldn't get the coupon code to work for the knife. No biggie, as the cost of admission is worth it for the level alone, so getting the freebie tape thrown in was bonus enough. Heck, I might even try measuring something for a change once I get the tape. (Also grabbed some more filter cartridges for my respirator, and other odds and ends to get the total high enough for free shipping.)

Thanks for the tip -

- Vaughn

Richard Neel
12-27-2005, 9:55 PM
LOL - I finally got the utility knife this week. Anyone else still waiting?

Mark Riegsecker
12-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Welcome Doug and thanks Rich!

Rich Torino
12-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Rich,

Thanks for the heads up .... I need a 4' level and I can never seem to find any one of my 5 tapes so I could always use another one of them...

thanks
Rich

John F. Gates
12-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks Rich. I'm in Alaska and Amazon does not like us much. They supercharge us shipping.

Sent it to my sister in OH and she'll send up to me USPS Priority!

Thanks....I'm going to pitch my old cheapie!

Jim Fancher
12-28-2005, 12:17 PM
LOL - I finally got the utility knife this week. Anyone else still waiting?

I love my utility knife. I used it to break down all of the Christmas boxes.

The tape is fair. Big, bulky, plastic and the printing on the tape is faded. Not bad for free. :D

The level seems to be pretty nice. Overall, an excellent haul for less than $20 shipped.

John F. Gates
12-28-2005, 4:31 PM
Rich,

Where did you get this promotional code? It seems to have stopped working...wanted

John F. Gates
12-28-2005, 4:32 PM
Rich,

Where did you get this promotional code? It seems to have stopped working...wanted to send this to my father.

Any suggestions? SHEFELDQ42K5 does not work any longer.