PDA

View Full Version : Wife Paint Station

marlin adams
01-07-2019, 7:55 PM
My wife ask me awhile back if I had any scrap lumber and if I did to make her a paint station and so I did. The hinges I used on the foldouts are pretty loose so I had a 2"x2" pice of select pine and I cut a small L shape lip to raise the foldouts where the support legs would not drag the floor when folded in and a couple of small screen door hook & eyes to hold them in place when folded it. Everything except the hardware is screwed, glued and brad nailed.

Nick Decker
01-07-2019, 8:56 PM
Here was me, thinking you were about to paint your wife.

Matt Day
01-07-2019, 9:21 PM
I thought it would be a makeup station.

marlin adams
01-08-2019, 3:02 AM
My wife does not do makeup :) And she been wanting something to store her paints, she gets box's and paints them, cigar box's, old jewlery box,s she finds that are in rough shape, She repairs and or repaints them and sometimes do that decoupage stuff to them. She just wanted something where she could work on and store her paints and the decoupage papers.

marlin adams
01-08-2019, 3:09 AM
Between now and her birthday I am going to collect some poplor or maybe walnut and build her a nice one, something a little more fancy. She was real adament about building this out of scrap wood I had just sitting around and it kinda irked me a little since anything I build for her I want it to be nice.

al heitz
01-19-2019, 10:36 AM
I understand that "scrap wood only" requirement. Last time all I could find was a piece of 1/4" mdf to go between chair springs and a seat cushion - and I will bet on my life it won't last 3 months. Ahhh, that SWMBO touch!

But maybe I can stash a better piece of "scrap" in the meantime. Why make things with inferior resources that won't last?