PDA

View Full Version : Jessum table saw sliding table input wanted

Dave Brown
12-03-2005, 8:44 AM
Thanks, Looks like i found what i want Santa to bring me! If thsi as nice as it seems? I have yet to touch one. Its $$ , but seems nice, any great Rockler sales coming before Christmas? anyone have one yet? Thanks, work safe!

Jim Becker
12-03-2005, 8:48 AM
'Haven't seen it up close and personal, but JessEm makes very well built products. It should work as advertised, based on what I've seen from them in the past.

Gary Herrmann
12-03-2005, 9:40 AM
I picked one up at the 25% off Rockler sale last weekend. Seems to be well built. The fence is nice - has a stop, miters both ways, and extends to 48" (I think). I decided to get it because of the sale and the fact that I can use it with a left tilt cabinet saw (my preference). I don't have the space for a large sliding table or outrigger.

I have some concerns about it's ability to withstand heavy weights (long 8q or 12q boards for example). The Jessem folks said I can always use a roller table or something on that side for support. The guy I talked to said he sat on it and slid back and forth. That may be, but I doubt it was attached to a ts at the time - maybe I should call him back and ask. ;)

I think I'll be pleased with it. For what I paid, it isn't that much more than if I bought a cross cut sled from Dubby or Woodhaven.

Rod Upfold
12-03-2005, 5:24 PM
This is from a Canadian wood forum....

http://www.workshopbuzz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4835

Gary Curtis
12-03-2005, 6:29 PM
I saw one at the dealer while buying a General Table Saw.

It is quite substantial machinery. Five sets of 6 bearings each to control the slider in 3 axis. Heavy stuff. The fence was quite impressive, some 4-5 inches high and about 3-feet with a pull out extension. Flip stops, great miter indes system. At $500+ they aren't giving this away.

Please check on this , as I'm not sure. It works only with a right tilting table saw. That is true of many sliders, including the General Sliding Table Saw which I bought,

Some of the recent posts here cited the work dimensions of the Jessem, Let that be your guide. But don't worry about quality.

Gary Curtis

Rusty Miller
12-04-2005, 8:28 AM
A poster on the Woodcentral forum posted a review the slide. Just look through the threads in the message section.

Dan Forman
12-04-2005, 4:54 PM
Rusty---Can't let you get away without at least a welcome to the Creek. Thanks for the tip about the review.

Dan

Andy London
12-04-2005, 5:13 PM
I have looked at it and it seems like a great and well built unit. A friend from another forum just did an extensive review on it and it sounds excellent.

Moderator removed direct link to another public forum - TOS violation

(http://www.canadianwoodworking.com/cgi-bin/chat/webbbs_config.pl?read=176300)

Frank Pellow
12-04-2005, 5:20 PM
I have looked at it and it seems like a great and well built unit. A friend from another forum just did an extensive review on it and it sounds excellent.
Hey Andy, that the same review (although the link is different) as the one referenced by Rod.

I have seen and felt (but not sawn with) the Jessum table mounted on a saw (a General 350) and it appears to be very well designed and made.

Mark Carlson
12-04-2005, 10:51 PM
I wonder if the Jessem slider will work on a General 650? I thought I read that this slider would work on a left tilt because it basically has the same thickness as the extension so it wont interfere with the door. I just went to the Jessem site and it said it would work on most left and right tilt american made saws. Anyone tried this on a left tilt cabinet saw that has a the moter cover door on the left?

Hey Andy, that the same review (although the link is different) as the one referenced by Rod.

I have seen and felt (but not sawn with) the Jessum table mounted on a saw (a General 350) and it appears to be very well designed and made.

Dan Forman
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
It will now fit a left tilt Unisaw, don't know about the General. They have a toll free number, you can call them and ask.

Dan

Gary Herrmann
12-05-2005, 10:40 AM
I spoke to Brad at Jessem and he said it will fit the General 650.

Frank Pellow
12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks, Looks like i found what i want Santa to bring me! If thsi as nice as it seems? I have yet to touch one. Its $$ , but seems nice, any great Rockler sales coming before Christmas? anyone have one yet? Thanks, work safe!
Dave, the spelling is "JessEm" not "Jessum". To make sure that this thread gets a hit on searchs in the future, please change the spelling in the thread's title.

Mark Singer
12-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Dave, the spelling is "JessEm" not "Jessum". To make sure that this thread gets a hit on searchs in the future, please change the spelling in the thread's title.

Frank...you could keep 'um guessun:confused: