PDA

View Full Version : Sound out of snyc with video

Lee Schierer
01-06-2019, 4:45 PM
I've watched a number of professional football games recently and noticed that the voices of the Fox Sports are slightly out of synchronization with the video when they show the announcer and commentator. It is annoying to watch. Has anyone else noticed this strange broadcasting issue? It has been going on for more than the play off games and is not apparent on the other networks.

Pat Barry
01-06-2019, 5:27 PM
Are the commercials ok?

Lee Schierer
01-06-2019, 9:29 PM
Can't tell the rarely show people just talking while looking directly at the camera.

Bill Orbine
01-07-2019, 7:49 AM
Maybe you are sitting too far from your new giant screen TV..... Light travels faster than sound:rolleyes:

Thomas L Carpenter
01-07-2019, 8:00 AM
Some Bluetooth has a slight time delay. I think it's referred to as "latency". Are you listening with Bluetooth speakers?

Lee Schierer
01-07-2019, 8:35 AM
Some Bluetooth has a slight time delay. I think it's referred to as "latency". Are you listening with Bluetooth speakers?

No speaker problem, sound sync is perfect on other networks.

Bryan Lisowski
01-07-2019, 10:40 AM
There is a couple second delay on live broadcasts. Remember the Janet Jackson super bowl incident. The action on the field will almost never completely sync up.

Jim Becker
01-07-2019, 10:49 AM
The last time I had that problem, it was the TV getting "out of sync" with the sound source/destination. (I use fiber for sound connection to my media room A/V receiver) Resetting things fixed the issue.

Kev Williams
01-07-2019, 11:31 AM
The Yamaha theater sound system I've had for years has a setting to adjust sound-to-video sync. You can buy stand alone units too, but the typical problem is, they can only delay audio out to match the video; but if the video is AHEAD of the sound (which happens using bluetooth), there's no fix short of very expensive A/V processing equipment...

Lee Schierer
01-07-2019, 1:20 PM
The last time I had that problem, it was the TV getting "out of sync" with the sound source/destination. (I use fiber for sound connection to my media room A/V receiver) Resetting things fixed the issue.

It only happens on Fox Sports

Lee Schierer
01-07-2019, 1:22 PM
The Yamaha theater sound system I've had for years has a setting to adjust sound-to-video sync. You can buy stand alone units too, but the typical problem is, they can only delay audio out to match the video; but if the video is AHEAD of the sound (which happens using bluetooth), there's no fix short of very expensive A/V processing equipment...

It only happens on Fox Sports live broadcasts. Other network sports broadcasts don't have the problem.

Lee Schierer
01-07-2019, 1:31 PM
It only happens on Fox Sports

Kev Williams
01-07-2019, 2:50 PM
I've had out-of-sync A/V several times over the years on who knows how many channels. Lately not so much, but then, I don't watch Fox sports ;) --

It may just be a 'thing' with that particular channel- have you called your cable/dish provider? They may be able to expound on the problem... could be they're the cause too?

Mel Fulks
01-07-2019, 3:01 PM
I agree with Bill. Glad I checked to see if some other scientist had already "sol-ved" the problem...Bill, congratulations!

Myk Rian
01-08-2019, 10:01 AM
- have you called your cable/dish provider? They may be able to expound on the problem... could be they're the cause too?

This. They aren't infallible.

Lee Schierer
01-08-2019, 10:28 AM
It may just be a 'thing' with that particular channel- have you called your cable/dish provider? They may be able to expound on the problem... could be they're the cause too?

Obviously you have never dealt with Directv in trying to resolve a technical problem.

Myk Rian
01-09-2019, 2:56 PM
Obviously you have never dealt with Directv in trying to resolve a technical problem.

Or Comcast.

Kev Williams
01-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Actually I have, DTV, Comcast AND Dish ;) but hey, ya never know!