PDA

View Full Version : Stocking stuffers part II

John Miliunas
12-02-2005, 8:46 PM
Here's a couple more stocking stuffers. I also threw in another one of the Cherry Burl bowl I showed some time ago, but this time, I'm trying out some rudimentary photo lighting.

The first is a roundish Redwood confettin lamp, the next is another "I dunno" wood, with some voids filled w/inlace and then there's the retake of the CB bowl. Again, thanks for looking and comments are welcome!:) :cool:

John Hart
12-02-2005, 8:51 PM
I think they're all great John!!!! Nice form...nice finish...Great wood! Wonderful gifts. That reminds me...I haven't made a single gift yet. Can I have some of yours?;) :D :D

Bill Stevener
12-02-2005, 8:57 PM
Boy, that was quick. I just finished the reply to your first showing. These look great as well. Like the "dunno" one, just seems to look like a lamp style.
Bill.>>>>>>>>>:)

Chris Barton
12-02-2005, 9:21 PM
I go out of town for a few days and suddenly everybody is an artist, this is just not fair. they look great John:) .

John Miliunas
12-02-2005, 9:27 PM
Thanks gents, you're too kind. Not exactly what one would term as gallery pieces but, most of the family recipients appreciate the effort.:) And John, NO, you can't have any!!! I need every last bit of these and then some! Besides, you could easily knock out the same amount in a couple hours flat and do them right! :D Now quit playing with your teeeeeeny, tinnnnnnnny "Ugly Stick" and get at it!:D Thanks again guys.:) :cool:

Mark Singer
12-02-2005, 9:39 PM
Very creative John....I was just thinking of the usuall stocking stuffers....:cool: http://www.philfree.com/images/002%20Best%20Foot%20Forward.jpg

Ernie Nyvall
12-02-2005, 9:53 PM
Wow John, those look great. I believe though that you need a warning on them "Do not light before placing in stocking". Just trying to be helpful.:D

Ernie

Bill Stevener
12-02-2005, 9:53 PM
I dunno if I can post this or not-- but it's John's post so he can zip it if he so wishes.

All I have to say is, The AAW web site, ain't got nothin on this show:D .

Bill.?????????????

Jim Ketron
12-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Looking good John!
Nice Turnings Bud!

Dick Parr
12-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Looking good John....:D

Michael Stafford
12-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Kewel, John, just kewel! Santa has competition!

Mark Cothren
12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Nice lamps, John! Very nice!

Thanks for the pictures!

Andy Hoyt
12-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Have you been sneaking stuff off Normah's site too? Actually I guess not because these are way better than "ours".

Think I like the Cherry muffin burl in the other thread the most, but they're all nicely done. And the pitcher taking aint too shabby either.

Roy Wall
12-02-2005, 11:49 PM
John,

Those are very nice..........sweet!!

HEY - AND TO ALL YOU TURNERS OUT THERE ON SMC........

MAN - YOU GUYS ARE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Nicholas
12-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Something that I can turn in a short time and have some items for Christmas.

:)

Robert Watsek
12-03-2005, 12:20 AM
John!

The word from Wally World is keep on pumping those candles out we have a new super store (half finished) near Moro to pay for.:D :D

All kidding aside they are very nice.;)

Bob

Rich Stewart
12-03-2005, 1:29 AM
Really nice looking lamps. They'd make nice gifts for Christmas. Where did you get the inserts? Great looking bowl!

Bob Noles
12-03-2005, 5:36 AM
John,

After knowing you from upstairs for nealry a year now, I had no idea that you were a turner and was surprised when I saw the announcement making you a moderator down here in the turner forum. I think the pictures in these 2 threads certainly explains it all to me now :)

Beautiful work John! I can only hope to one day post something even close to being as nice as those.

Thanks for sharing.