PDA

View Full Version : My first thansgiving as a yank :-)

Rob Littleton
12-02-2005, 2:46 PM
I think I remember telling you guys about the fact that I had applied to be a citizen to this great country, the USA.

Well, on November 9 2005, I was given my paperwork and got a handshake from an INS officer telling me congratulations. I just got the papaerwork telling me my ceremony is next week.

I already went out and bought my "Proud to be American" sign and it is hanging in the shop with pride.

I am SO proud to be a part of this blessed country..Thanks for reading.

Thanks

Ken Fitzgerald
12-02-2005, 2:50 PM
It might be a little premature but........................................

Welcome Rob........and thanks for considering us good enough to join! As you know by now......we may not all agree on anything.....but we all have the right to disagree!

Congrats and Welcome!

John Bailey
12-02-2005, 2:58 PM
Rob,

Congratulations and welcome to citizenship. We are glad to have you.

John

John Miliunas
12-02-2005, 3:08 PM
Now that qualifies as a "gloat"! :D But, but.....but.....Where's the pics????:confused: Come on, Rob. Give it up....Shop pic with the sign!!!:) Hey, seriously, a BIG congrats to you! Glad you decided to join us!:) :cool:

Ron McNeil
12-02-2005, 3:18 PM
Rob, Congratulations on your about to become a U.S. Citizen. You are correct this is a blessed country and a country that's great in many ways. Welcome aboard.:D

Don Baer
12-02-2005, 3:55 PM
Like the other Rob I want to congratulate you and say welcome.

tod evans
12-02-2005, 4:04 PM
welcome rob,and congratulations. tod

Wes Bischel
12-02-2005, 6:22 PM
Rob,
Congratulations to you, and thanks for the reminder - for all of the things with which we are blessed.

OBTW, we recently received the paperwork confirming my son's US citizenship. It was both a proud day and a relief.

Wes

Vaughn McMillan
12-02-2005, 6:26 PM
Bigtime congrats, Rob. We'll expect some pics sooner or later to confirm the gloat, of course, but we'll let you slide for now, seeing as how you are new and all. BTW, does this mean we can no longer refer to you as "that durned Limey"? :D

- Vaughn

Rob Littleton
12-02-2005, 6:30 PM
Bigtime congrats, Rob. We'll expect some pics sooner or later to confirm the gloat, of course, but we'll let you slide for now, seeing as how you are new and all. BTW, does this mean we can no longer refer to you as "that durned Limey"? :D

- Vaughn

Once a Limey, always a Limey............:-) I do get dual citizenship so I will still have the Limey in me.

Thanks y'all

Cecil Arnold
12-02-2005, 7:08 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the family (we sometimes fight like family) but there is one thing you should know--We don't eat Marmite on Thanksgiving!

Andy Hoyt
12-02-2005, 7:10 PM
On your mark

get set

Jury Duty!

Congrats, bro

Rob Littleton
12-02-2005, 7:16 PM
On your mark

get set

Jury Duty!

Congrats, bro

Jury duty for me will be quick and easy, If He/She is a woodworker, He/She is guilty:D

Tim Morton
12-03-2005, 7:06 AM
I think I remember telling you guys about the fact that I had applied to be a citizen to this great country, the USA.

Well, on November 9 2005, I was given my paperwork and got a handshake from an INS officer telling me congratulations. I just got the papaerwork telling me my ceremony is next week.

I already went out and bought my "Proud to be American" sign and it is hanging in the shop with pride.

I am SO proud to be a part of this blessed country..Thanks for reading.

Thanks

Now maybe if we could just get these bleeding heart liberals to feel that way about this country....did i say that outloud?:cool: :cool:

Congrats, and hope you celebrated in style...

John Hart
12-03-2005, 7:29 AM
I agree with Tim M. :p

I can't tell you how happy I am for you Rob. When I read your post, I felt a little tingle down inside. Can't describe it...but it was good!! Congratulations!!!!

Mike Cutler
12-03-2005, 8:41 AM
Congratulations Rob. Sometimes we forget just what a nice little country we actually have here.
It takes spmeone like you to help us to remember this. Thank you for that.

Of course there is one little facet to Thanksgiving that they forget to tell you about in the "brochures".. Can we say "Inlaws":D

Once again Rob Congratulations

Ernie Nyvall
12-03-2005, 8:45 AM
I agree with Tim M. :p

I can't tell you how happy I am for you Rob. When I read your post, I felt a little tingle down inside. Can't describe it...but it was good!! Congratulations!!!!

2nd and third this!!!!!

Congratulations and welcome!!!

Ernie

Karl Laustrup
12-03-2005, 9:14 AM
Congratulations Rob.

A hearty welcome from the land of CHEESE and FROZEN TUNDRA. :)

Now that you're a bona-fide U.S. citizen it's time to see this great land.

You're welcome up this way anytime.

Karl

Jim Becker
12-03-2005, 9:26 AM
A hearty congratulations, Rob, on your citizenship! I'm personally proud to know you and glad to welcome you to "the tribe", especially with recent events of a similar nature in this household. This country was built on people of every background and family origin and is stronger because of it...you add to that strength with your commitment.

John Shuk
12-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Thank you for "Joining us". I truly mean it.

Dennis Peacock
12-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Congrats Rob..!!!!!!!

I know it's a big deal off your mind now and that emotional highs have been reached. May you and your family be blessed even more in the coming days.

john whittaker
12-03-2005, 4:14 PM
Congratulations Ron....I attended my BL's citizenship ceremony several years ago (he hails from your neck of the world) and was very touched & impressed by the excitement most felt at becoming a citizen. Pretty cool to see so many from all across the globe realizing a dream. Welcome and thanks for coming.