PDA

View Full Version : Possible Fund Raiser

Ed Breen
12-02-2005, 1:15 PM
Hi Folks,
I don't know if this is the proper forum for the foolowing, but here goes.
My wife and I took our two grandchildren to Silver Dollar City for the annual Christmas pictures etc. While there we saw one booth which I thought would be a natural for other WWers to do as fund raisers for their schools, churches, lodges etc.
This gentlemen had a rack of different auto, tractor, semi's and steam engine shapes from 2x4 stock. predrilled. The youngster sits down and picks out 4 wheel s from a box of wheels, two axels, (and in my grandson's case) a smoke stack for the engine. The elf places a wheel down, puts a dab of glue on the axle and has the child pound the axle home with a small wooden mallet. This goes for the second wheel, they then shove the axles through two pre-drilled holes and he dabs glue on the other ends and holds them steady while the child pounds away. In our cast he also dabbed the glue on the smnoke stack and Aidan hammered that home.
He then presented Aidan with 2 decals and sent him on his way. That was last week and the engine is still in his hands at all times. Great joy for the youngsters, a long line of them.
At $5.00 each.
The pictures are at home, I shall try to bring them in if anyone is interesdted.
Ed:) :)

Peter Stahl
12-02-2005, 9:45 PM
Ed,

Please post them, I'd be interested. No grad kids yet but lots of nices and nephews.

Vaughn McMillan
12-04-2005, 6:26 PM
I second the motion to see the pics. Sounds like a great idea.

- Vaughn

Frank Pellow
12-04-2005, 7:56 PM
I agree that it sounds like a great thing for kids and I third the motion to see the pictures.

Bill Lewis
12-05-2005, 5:38 AM
Great idea, but I think you'd have a hard time finding any available elves (elf's?), they're in pretty high demand this time of year.;)

Ed Breen
12-06-2005, 6:27 PM
I'm still trying to post the pics.
Ed

Peter Stahl
12-06-2005, 6:44 PM
I'm still trying to post the pics.
Ed

Here are Ed's pictures. He looks like a natural Ed!

Peter Stahl
12-07-2005, 5:24 PM
Posted Ed's pictures but I editted the post and it didn't pop back to the top of the list. This why I wrote this one.