PDA

View Full Version : 12" Delta Bench DP.

John Keane
12-02-2005, 12:28 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I earned a DS citation today. I did not insert a 5/16 bit correctly. It started to spin out and I am sure that I have bent the spindle before I shut it of. Is it repairable? How do I repair it? Is it worth repairing it? It is four years old and other than pranging it today it has worked fine. What is my clue. A 5/16" bit will drill about a sloppy 1/2" hole.
<!-- / message -->

Carl Eyman
12-02-2005, 12:38 PM
John:
It is hard for me to imagine that the spindle would bend rather than the 5/16" bit bend or break. Could you set the dp on low speed and depress the chuck slowly to its lowest point and observe the rotation of the chuck, quill, and shaft to see which are rotating eccentrically?

Don Baer
12-02-2005, 12:44 PM
To test for wobble, get a ball point pen and chuck it up. Run the drill at a slow speed and lower the quill to where it barely touches the wood. if there is any wobble it will draw a circle. Check and make sure the chuch is seated properly I believe that chuck fits into a tapered fitting.