PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
12-31-2018, 12:30 PM
31 Dec 2018

Greetings and this is my last post for the year. :)

Not much to report this time. Been busy with Christmas stuff and trying to get things done around the house before going back to work day after tomorrow. I'm still trying to teach a few people how to play music (guitar and piano) and while I'm not an expert at any of them, I still can help through the basics to get them started well enough. I have several boards cut up to make cutting boards and tomorrow, I will get my new bench grinder and wheels setup. I'm also working through the final plans for making my sons queen size beds as well as getting back to doing some woodturning that I've been wanting to get around to for some time now.

Happy New Year to each of you and here's to wishing all of you the best of years to come in 2019.!!

Aaron Rosenthal
12-31-2018, 1:09 PM
Happy New Year Dennis, and all the teachers I've met on the site.
I'm cleaning the house, especially my basement area where I'm planning my winter workshop. Wondering why I kept some stuff so long. Example;
My father died almost 16 years ago. For all that time I kept his old heated bidet toilet seat, thinking arthritis might get me like it got him; last week I decided I'd sell it, since my shoulders aren't bad.
Started cleaning it, realized the inlet hose connection thread to the water holding tank was broken. Naturally, due to it's age, no parts. It went into the garbage,
I've resolved to do more woodworking this year, and, ride my Harley to SoCal to visit the grandchildren again.
Be well, all.

Jim Becker
12-31-2018, 7:55 PM
Ah, yes....that last report of the calendar year!

I had an enjoyable week with the holiday...and both girls were off work for Christmas...and also got time in the shop to build the rustic base for a new kitchen table out of old barn beam material (thread in Woodworking Projects) I also completed a quick CNC job today for another 'Creeker who needed some custom fabrication done relative to some zero-clearance inserts for his bandsaw. So I'll be starting the new year off by getting going on the top for the table and a few other things. New Years Day will involve the Citrus Bowl and a very good meal in the evening. :)

Happy New Year everyone!

Terry Kelly
12-31-2018, 10:27 PM
I cut the pieces to make a simple cabinet to go with the simple desk my younger son wanted....will start assembly tomorrow while enjoying some bagna caulda...

Charles Taylor
01-01-2019, 8:29 AM
Happy new year! I spent the last week or so on vacation and used much of that time to make progress on the coffee station. Here's where it stood last Friday with the upper portion dry fit and resting on the lower cabinet (stiles to be trimmed to length later). There are shelves and doors yet to go.

Keith Westfall
01-01-2019, 9:49 PM
Nothing fancy, went from this:

To this.

Gave me better space and storage - have since added a door, leaving the bottom slot open to allow me to keep "waste drill boards" available.

Rod Sheridan
01-02-2019, 9:10 AM
I fired up the shaper and made the rails and stiles for my spice cabinet doors.

Noticed afterwards that I ran one rail upside down DOH!

Regards, Rod.