PDA

View Full Version : My New Year's resolution

Rich Engelhardt
12-31-2018, 6:02 AM
My New Year's resolution......I resolve to wait at least 5 minutes from the time I write a response to something I see online to the actual time I hit the send key to post it....https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t57/1/16/1f609.png;).

Van Huskey
12-31-2018, 6:49 AM
While I didn't resolve to do it over the last year I have become at least 10 times more likely to stop mid-post or just after finishing one to either close the window or back out of the reply section. You might find this interesting when I do that I often go do a quick 30 mins on the trainer, it clears my mind and frees up that excess energy. As a result, I have put more miles in on the trainer in the last year than any year since my 20s.

Rich Engelhardt
12-31-2018, 9:29 AM
I have become at least 10 times more likely to stop mid-post or just after finishing one to either close the window or back out of the reply section+1 - I learned years ago that's the best way to handle any reply you want to make when you're either loaded - PO'ed - or both ! :D :D .

Recently, I've been typing this long response to a simple question - getting to the end of it - - getting up from the chair to make myself a cup of coffee & hit the bathroom to get rid of the last cup I had ;).
When I return to the computer, I look at the post and 99 out of 100 times, I just hit the backspace and back out of the reply....I figure the vast majority of those long winded posts go unread. I know I skip over a lot of them.

Chris Damm
01-01-2019, 8:45 AM
About 50 years ago I resolved to quit making New Year's resolutions. I haven't failed yet!

Bill Orbine
01-02-2019, 8:27 PM
I resolved to go to bed before midnight every night in the new year. That didn't last very long.