PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me?

Peter Blair
12-30-2018, 12:38 PM
A friend has just purchased a curved bottom Makita Planer and is trying to install a new set of knives but the planer came without the Blade Guage block. Does anyone have one and could share the measurements? I'm confident I can make one if I had the dimensions. I have tried to find a replacement on the internet but without any luck. I do see it in some parts diagrams but then find it is not listed in the parts?
Thanks in advance!

Lee Schierer
12-30-2018, 3:32 PM
You can buy the gauge base from Makita. The part number is 123010-1. Or you can buy it from Amazon for $20. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002RIAE4/?channel=Buy%20Online%20Button&tag=maus04-20&language=en_US

Peter Blair
12-31-2018, 9:59 AM
Lee I don't know why I couldn't find this? Thanks for your help. What a wonderful Forum full of extremely helpful people! My buddy ordered one so we should be off and running as soon as it shows up!

Lee Schierer
12-31-2018, 1:35 PM
I looked at the instruction and saw what they called it. Then I checked the Makita website where it was listed as an accessory. Then I checked Amazon to see if it was readily available. Pretty easy to locate once you know what they called it.

Peter Blair
01-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Must be something missing Lee as I did the same as you and my searches didn't turn up any? Not sure why exactly but thanks so much for the help!!