PDA

View Full Version : What to do with table saw?

Tyler Varner
12-29-2018, 11:13 AM
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a brand spanking new Delta 36-725 from the blue store. I put it together no issues and this thing ran great. It was a huge step up from my Dewalt job site saw. Everything was going great until 10 days later Hurricane Michael came through and dropped a tree on my workshop, with the tree landing directly on the new saw :(. The tree bent the stamped aluminum wing, folded the front rail and bent and cracked the cast iron table. Fortunately, I have really good insurance thanks to a lifetime of bad luck lol and I got me a new saw.

My question is what should I do with the busted saw? I feel bad just throwing it in the dump, but I am not really sure what else to do with it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Wayne Jolly
12-29-2018, 12:15 PM
Assuming you bought the same model again, keep all important parts that survived as spares. Motor, arbor, belts, etc. Scrap the rest.

Wayne

Steve Eure
12-29-2018, 12:20 PM
If you replaced it with an identical saw, I would scarf some of the parts for repairs later if needed. Either that or sell on ebay. If the fence is intact, someone may want it for a replacement on their old saw. Motor could be salvaged, arbor nut and flange, control switch, etc..

Charlie Hinton
12-29-2018, 12:31 PM
The motor (along with the wiring pulleys and belt) would be very welcome in my shop.
I would keep the hand wheels too.
The rest of it would probably be put in the recycling center.

Bill Dufour
12-29-2018, 8:18 PM
Make a 10" disk sander?
Bill D

Tyler Varner
12-30-2018, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone that was kind of what I was thinking. The fence managed to survive unscathed and I'm pretty sure the motor and everything is still usable. Time to start breaking it down!!! Thanks for the suggestions.