Jim Thillen
12-28-2018, 7:57 PM
Ray Allen inspired.

Don Jarvie
12-28-2018, 9:54 PM
Very nice.

Allan Ferguson
12-29-2018, 5:00 PM
Very nice work on a complex design. I think the bottom is distraction for what little it is worth.

John Keeton
12-29-2018, 7:01 PM
Jim, I agree with Allan. I really like the accent band design and the wood choices, but like so many of the segmented pieces I see, the form seems lacking. In fairness, with the angle of the photo shots it is difficult to judge the proportions, but the reverse curve on the lower part of the olla just doesn’t work for me and is not what I have seen on pieces by Ray Allen. Additionally, I think the sweep up toward the mouth seems a little abrupt. But, those are just my thoughts and you certainly should be pleased with the accent design.

Richard Madden
12-29-2018, 11:20 PM
Jim, I do not agree with some of the comments made above. I think you have done a fine job with this piece!! To be inspired by an others work does not mean you are attempting to duplicate it. I have just started some segmented work with one small 4 ring high bowl under my belt so I greatly appreciate what you've done here. I'd like to know the size and woods used. Thanks for posting.

Jim Thillen
01-01-2019, 6:27 PM
John
I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks
Jim T

Jim Thillen
01-01-2019, 6:35 PM
Richard
The feature ring is mesquite,wenge and curly maple. The rest is sapela. The feature ring is @7.75 inches in diameter and it is @ 9.5 Inches tall.

thanks

Jim T