PDA

View Full Version : Dove tale machine troubles

Jim Dunn
12-02-2005, 12:30 AM
I have a PC 4112 dove tale jig and seem to have a problem. The boards when put together seem to be shifted slightly. It's not much just a 1/32 or less but then again it troubles me. I believe the trouble is with the edge guides. But as they are a set dimension I don't see any way around this. Or am I not seeing the whole picture. If I shift it towards the center of the jig will the sides of the board true up one to the other.

The instructions says to set it up with a 3/16" dimension from the left side of the top board but this would also move the inside of the side board as well:( Quite confusing. Especially if you don't have the same type of jig with the instructions in front of you.

I apologise if those of you without this jig and are confused, but so am I and I have all the instructions:confused::D;)

You can just see it in the second pic. The side and the front are just shifted, and I mean just slightly, but am I doing something wrong or not.

Jim

Scott Donley
12-02-2005, 1:28 AM
Hi, are you sure the base on the router is centered ? Being off just a hair might cause this. Good luck !

Kirk (KC) Constable
12-02-2005, 1:37 AM
Mine does that as well. I think if you move the little stop thingies that index the edge guides you can adjust it and get it right...but as you know, adjusting one thing on the 4112 begats three more adjustments...so I just live with it and trim the pieces after routing.

KC