PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Spud Award

Rick Smith
12-01-2005, 10:59 PM
My company was nice enough to buy me a beautiful maple burl 5" x 12" x12" to make the base of a "golden spud" sales award. I found a ceramic "tater", turned the base, and uses a CA'd pen tube to hold them together...

Bill Stevener
12-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Rick, that's quite the thing there. "Golden Spud" I take-it, you sell potatoes??:confused:

I'm just lost,
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Jack Savona
12-02-2005, 6:15 AM
That 'tater's itchin' to be turned.

John Hart
12-02-2005, 6:33 AM
Rick, that's quite the thing there. "Golden Spud" I take-it, you sell potatoes??:confused:

I'm just lost,
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Spuds are very popular in Idaho Bill....in a great many venues. It's kinda cool. In High School, they had Baked Potato concession stands at the football games. Still one of my favorite "treats".:)

By the waay....Nice lookin' trophy Rick!!;)

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
12-02-2005, 8:04 AM
This is at least one thing I haven't turned ... can't for the life of me imagine why ... I might have found a ceramic spud in a shop on Carey Street, but I doubt it. I may have to ask our local Woodcraft why they aren't keeping up with the latest supplies. Isn't it nice to have corporate america available to buy you things like the maple burl! Looks cool, in it's own ... ahem ... way. Glad you're having fun. Keep posting the picts!

For Bill, ... here's something we got to go to on our visit to Idaho in October.

Bro

Jeremiah Jordan
12-02-2005, 8:05 AM
Looks great Bill. Now that is one potatoe that I would never eat!

Jeremiah

Jeff Sudmeier
12-02-2005, 8:09 AM
I love a great baked potato as well!!

Great job on this one, the base looks good with the "spud"