PDA

View Full Version : Saw Blade Sharpening, Round Ones

Victor Stearns
12-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Greetings Creekers,

I have used to the local hardware store for my table saw sharpening needs but feel that they send them to a gentlemen who puts the same grind on all the blades. Having anything from 32 tooth crosscut to a 80 tooth fine blade makes me think they need a little more attention than that. The blades are of various manufacturers and looking at the manufacturers website did not reveal a "sharpening service".

So, any feedback on a great place to send the blades is greatly appreciated.

Victor

Nick Decker
12-26-2018, 10:48 AM
Google Dynamic Saw. Good service, reasonable prices.

Matt Day
12-26-2018, 11:05 AM
Google Dynamic Saw. Good service, reasonable prices.

I second that.

Josko Catipovic
12-26-2018, 11:34 AM
I use Burns Tools, in Fall River, MA, and have been very happy: https://www.burnstools.com/blade-sharpening

Steve Eure
12-26-2018, 12:35 PM
I send all mine to Dynamic Saws in Buffalo New York

Earl McLain
12-26-2018, 1:56 PM
Seeing that you are in my area, I've been curious about Elkhart Sharpening Service since i started woodworking a few years ago. They are on IN 19, not far north of the Parkway. As much RV business as there is in that area, they may be good--but i have no personal experience or insight, their limited web site says they started in 1979 so they've survived 40 years. Unless that is where the local Ace sends theirs--in which case we know the answer!!
earl

Ray Newman
12-26-2018, 4:35 PM
I run Forrest blades and return them to Forrest for sharpening. I have also had Forrest sharpen and replace carbide teeth on non-Forrest blades and a dado set.

Forrest still sharpens non-Forrest made blades: https://www.forrestblades.com/forrest-factory-carbide-saw-blade-sharpening.

May not be the cheapest saw sharping service, but I never could find a comparable service around where I reside.

Bradley Gray
12-26-2018, 5:30 PM
Urichsville Carbide Urichsville, OH

Jim Andrew
12-26-2018, 7:27 PM
Try cleaning your blades when they start getting a coating of pitch. I clean blades a lot and hardly ever need to have them sharpened. And I make a lot of sawdust.

Jon Grider
12-26-2018, 8:23 PM
Ridge Carbide did a nice job on a Tenryu Gold and a Systematic combo I sent them this summer.

Bruce Wrenn
12-26-2018, 8:36 PM
Even though there are two good sharpeners in my county, I send mine to Dynamic Saw in Buffalo.