PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Walking

lowell holmes
12-17-2018, 6:07 PM
I do not know why I'm posting this. My adult daughter was just here and we discussed my daily morning walk. I walk 3/4 mile most mornings
and I've done this since 2003.
I weighed 195 pounds and I had a midnight ride to the emergency room in an ambulance suffering from a heart attack.
While recuperating, I read a book on fitness walking. I weight 175 pounds now, walk 3/4 mile each morning, have no shortness of breath.
If any of you have shortness of breath, please google "fitness walking" and take it to heart.

Dave Cav
12-18-2018, 1:54 PM
I go to the gym for an hour or so five mornings a week, then when I get home both dogs get a half mile walk each. A couple of months ago I added a 1.25 mile walk in the evening after supper. I wasn't doing anything important with that time anyway, and I sleep better and have less trouble with late night indigestion. So far the only drawback has been black ice this time of year. We'll see what it does to my weight; I'm 6'5 and 225 or so; would like to get down to around 200.

Matt Day
12-18-2018, 10:51 PM
You posted about fitness walking because it’s been 6 months since the last time, ;-)

Glad you’re keeping it up Lowell! Good on you.

John Terefenko
12-19-2018, 12:07 AM
What is it that you are saying?? Seems like you are walking same distance but still had heart attack.

lowell holmes
12-19-2018, 2:37 PM
I had the heart attack 13 years ago and I have not had a heart attack since. I walk 3/4 mile daily and have not experienced another.
The reason for the post is for members that may need to start walking for their own benefit. I was not walking before the event.

After mine, I read a book on fitness walking. I tool it to heart and have not experienced another.
I am sorry if my post was offensive to you.

John Terefenko
12-19-2018, 11:05 PM
I had the heart attack 13 years ago and I have not had a heart attack since. I walk 3/4 mile daily and have not experienced another.
The reason for the post is for members that may need to start walking for their own benefit. I was not walking before the event.

After mine, I read a book on fitness walking. I tool it to heart and have not experienced another.
I am sorry if my post was offensive to you.

Now where in my post was I offensive?? I just did not follow what you were saying because I started walking again last year and was wondering if you read something contrary to being good for you. Man people are just soooooooooooooooooo sensitive today you can not ask anything or say anything without their radar going up. Man this world is getting tough to live in.

lowell holmes
12-19-2018, 11:20 PM
I obviously misunderstood you. I was not walking before the attack. I posted to encourage others to walk.
I am glad you are walking. I am sorry for my misunderstanding.

lowell holmes
12-20-2018, 9:00 AM
Its 54 degrees sunshine bright with a gentle North wind this morning in Galveston County Texas. Madison dog and I did 1.15 miles this morning. My cell phone has a walking app on it.