PDA

View Full Version : Small gloat

Keith Christopher
12-01-2005, 1:21 PM
Well the past two days brown has been good to me.

Woodhaven miter gauge, Grr-ripper, woodpeckers precision squares, and a new japanese rip saw.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/DSC00911.jpg

Chris McKimson
12-01-2005, 1:56 PM
Looks great Keith. I've been happy with my Woodhaven Deluxe. Also just a warning, it won't be too long before you will be getting another Gripper. First time I used my Gripper on a longer cut, it became apparent I needed two.

Chris

John Gregory
12-01-2005, 2:00 PM
Just like Chris said you will need two for hand over hand feeding of long stock. Plus having two enables me to have each configured differently for different jobs

Nice gloat

Jason Tuinstra
12-01-2005, 3:27 PM
Keith, early Christmas presents??? Perhaps some stocking stuffers. Either way, great haul.

scott spencer
12-01-2005, 3:47 PM
Thanks Keith...you shouldn't have! That's awfully nice of you, but I feel kind of bad b/c I didn't get you anything... :D ;)

Vaughn McMillan
12-01-2005, 4:40 PM
Nice haul, Keith. Only problem I see is the instructions for the saw look to be in Japanese. Lessee...how you you spell "back and forth" in Kanji? (It's something like 前後に ;) ) And if you haven't used the Grrripper before, you're in for a nice experience IMHO. I've used push sticks and push blocks as long as I've used a TS (since high school), and the Grrripper was a big step forward in safety and convenience, and it also improved the quality of my cuts. I do a lot of short rip cuts, and seldom have needed two, but eventually I'll have more than one.

- Vaughn

- Vaughn

Brian Hale
12-01-2005, 4:47 PM
Nice stuff Keith! I've been looking at Japanese saws for a while now so let us know how it does.

BTW, Isn't that a Freud thin kerf 80 tooth? Perhaps a Diablo from the Borg? I really like mine!

Brian :)

Keith Christopher
12-01-2005, 5:51 PM
Keith, early Christmas presents??? Perhaps some stocking stuffers. Either way, great haul.

Jason,

Yeah early christmas presents to myself. I have the Osborne mitre gauge which I love but it's not everything and I've been dealing with the stock gauge for too long and it would be nice to put a sac fence on my mitre gauge.

...you will need two...

I think I will also. I bought it JUST to make the splines to fill in those biscut mistakes. So I'll let you know how I like it.

Nice stuff Keith! I've been looking at Japanese saws for a while now so let us know how it does.

BTW, Isn't that a Freud thin kerf 80 tooth? Perhaps a Diablo from the Borg? I really like mine!

Brian,

I got the saw from Japan Woodworker. They had a 50% sale a while back and it plus a replacement blade only 24.00$ it arrived yesterday. I had actually forgotten about it until it showed up it had been so long.

And yes that is the Freud 80 tooth thin kerf. Good Eye !

And to all, those woodpeck 6" clamping squares are very nice. Well built and so so square. I'm using them to check my squares !