PDA

View Full Version : If you need little washers, Amazon has a deal for you!

Paul F Franklin
12-15-2018, 10:35 PM
The world's most expensive #6 washers?? There are so many issues with this I just had to laugh:

At first I thought maybe it was a six inch washer, not a #6, especially since the picture makes it look huge. But digging into the listing a little bit, I finally figured out that the listing is for 50 *pounds* of #6 washers, not 50 pcs.

I imagine the company has a lot of listings, perhaps too many to check, but somebody is probably eventually going to wonder why they haven't sold any....

But I'm happy I could have them by Christmas!

John K Jordan
12-15-2018, 11:17 PM
I imagine the company has a lot of listings, perhaps too many to check, but somebody is probably eventually going to wonder why they haven't sold any....

I've heard a lot of these prices are set by computer algorithms without a person even knowing. Some of them fluctuate wildly. Once I was almost ready to buy a $250 dial test indicator when I saw it suddenly drop to about $45. I couldn't believe it but I ordered it anyway. When I checked a little later it was back up to the usual price.

Some of these algorithms are apparently constantly shuffling prices. I see prices on things I have saved in the cart change by one or two cents, up and down, down and up. I can't imaging a person doing that.

But some are just set ridiculously high by people, especially out-of-print books offered by independent sellers. I think the dealer prices a $20 book for hundreds, waiting for that one person who is desperate enough to pay.

JKJ

Mike Kreinhop
12-16-2018, 7:36 AM
I don't understand the Amazon pricing, but while looking for a diffuser I found this bargain.

Roy Petersen
12-16-2018, 7:39 AM
I don't understand the Amazon pricing, but while looking for a diffuser I found this bargain.
Quite the savings if you get two. :)

Doug Garson
12-16-2018, 12:19 PM

At least it qualifies for free shipping. :rolleyes:

Bill Dufour
12-16-2018, 5:42 PM
Does the free shipping include into Germany? Maybe you can find an old hubcap and use that instead
Bill D.