PDA

View Full Version : Limiting the motion of a Blum Tandem Slide

Hans Hauge
12-15-2018, 8:13 PM
Hey all,
I built myself a kitchen--one final tweak! The drawers perpendicular to the stove hit the stove door as they extend. I would like to limit the slide out to about 4" less than full extention. I have blumotion tandem slides. I could find a million threads about adjusting the drawer front, but nothing about limiting how far out the slides will pull. I suppose I could have used a smaller slide, but the thought didn't occur to me up front--and the drawers are 26" wide--seems best to provide all the support possible. Any experience with this? Thanks!!!

peter gagliardi
12-15-2018, 8:23 PM
They used to make a 3/4 extension unit, along with full.

Martin Wasner
12-15-2018, 8:24 PM
There's nothing on the hardware that I'm aware of to accomplish this.

You could glue a block onto the bottom edge of the drawer to hit something else and stop it.

Patrick Walsh
12-15-2018, 11:17 PM
Yeah I know of nothing but to just use shorter slides.

Now hinges are another story. Blum sells limiter clips..

Paul Girouard
12-15-2018, 11:28 PM
There's nothing on the hardware that I'm aware of to accomplish this.

You could glue a block onto the bottom edge of the drawer to hit something else and stop it.

I’d suggest screwing the block on thru the drawer bottom, so when , not if , it needs removed the block could be unscrewed rather than busting the glued on block off the drawer bottom. Couple of bumper pads would make it a soft stop.

Jamie Buxton
12-16-2018, 10:41 AM
Yeah, Peter's got it -- 3/4 extension. 552H series from Blum. And Hettich has a 7/8 extension undermount.

Tom M King
12-16-2018, 2:14 PM
Could you narrow the width of the drawer faces enough to get clearance?