PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Table

Ben Abate
12-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Hello all,

I am looking of plans or just some ideas of a coffee table with possibly a shaker flair. One requirement is that the top open up. By opeining up I am refering to having the top hinge upward and away from the furniture. I know I have seen this style of top before just can't locate it off hand. The top sort of moves up and out with out disturbing items on the top. If you understand what I am after, I am also looking for the hardware. The hardware reminds me of the hardware that is used in kitchen applications when a mixer is hidden below the counter in a cubby. In that application the mixer moves out and up. I don't believe that hardware is applicable in my situation. But you get the idea.

As always thank you
Ben

Brett Baldwin
12-01-2005, 12:29 PM
I believe this is the sort of thing you are talking about. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2318

They call it a pop-up table mechanism. You might do a search to find more companies.

Roye Johnson
12-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Ben

The hardware you are looking for is called a Table Top Lift Mechanism. I found it at Lee Valley and Woodworker's Supply.

Roye

Ben Abate
12-01-2005, 1:51 PM
Fellows,
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Very much, you know I was looking at some of these places but was obviously not looking well enough. Again Thank you

Ben

Brett Baldwin
12-01-2005, 2:07 PM
Yes, some of these sites do put things under the oddest headings. Table hardware in general seems to be the right area.