PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley carries Bridge City now

Steven Lee, NC
12-13-2018, 4:46 PM
click on Bridge City Tool Works (http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=77205) and it will show you all of them

John K Jordan
12-13-2018, 7:24 PM
click on Bridge City Tool Works (http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=77205) and it will show you all of them

Steven, sorry, completely off topic, but are you the Steven Lee in NC that used to do some incredible 3DS modeling/rendering, for example the Ark of the Covenant? I realize it's unlikely, but hey. :)

JKJ

Frank Pratt
12-13-2018, 7:26 PM
Seems like a natural pairing.

Steve Kang
12-13-2018, 11:15 PM

Nice find, this is great news!

Ben Rivel
12-14-2018, 12:24 AM
Nice. Ill have to keep this in mind. Wonder if theyll be as out of stock as the BCTW website always is.

Simon MacGowen
12-14-2018, 1:08 AM
Shouldn't because they are now all Harvey Ind. products.

Simon

Michelle Rich
12-14-2018, 7:11 AM
I have always been fascinated by the jointmaker pro ..such precision! Luckily it was never in stock when I looked at it, so $$$ never left my pocket :-)

Steve Kang
12-14-2018, 7:21 AM
Shouldn't because they are now all Harvey Ind. products.

Simon

I'll take the bait. What's wrong with Harvey Industries?

Simon MacGowen
12-14-2018, 10:13 AM
I'll take the bait. What's wrong with Harvey Industries?

My comment is simply a response to Ben's post whether they'll be as out of stock as the BCTW website always is. Harvey Ind. has a much larger production capacity than BCTW, and hence it shouldn't happen.

Simon

Steven Lee, NC
12-14-2018, 10:33 AM
Sorry, I'm not that Steven Lee. About the best I can do is draw basic shapes in Fusion 360, lol

Steven, sorry, completely off topic, but are you the Steven Lee in NC that used to do some incredible 3DS modeling/rendering, for example the Ark of the Covenant? I realize it's unlikely, but hey. :)

JKJ

Peter Christensen
12-14-2018, 10:44 AM
I wonder if down the road if LV will start to sell some of the Harvey woodworking machines? The Harvey lathes for example.

Jim Morgan
12-14-2018, 12:02 PM
My comment is simply a response to Ben's post whether they'll be as out of stock as the BCTW website always is. Harvey Ind. has a much larger production capacity than BCTW, and hence it shouldn't happen.

Simon

Poking around on Lee Valley, it looks like most of the items they list are not currently available. :(

Simon MacGowen
12-14-2018, 12:43 PM
Poking around on Lee Valley, it looks like most of the items they list are not currently available. :(

Easy to understand: they are awaiting the lot of shipment to arrive from China, and they want to start taking orders NOW. Woodpeckers operates along a similar (not same) line of practice: it takes as many as pre-orders as it can, and then starts production. My local car dealerships do the same thing for their 2019 models.

Simon

Simon MacGowen
12-14-2018, 12:53 PM
I wonder if down the road if LV will start to sell some of the Harvey woodworking machines? The Harvey lathes for example.

I am interested in its innovative dust collection system, though pricey. John E. has one, but I hope it can release a smaller (and hence cheaper) version of the dust system. Most hobby shops are tight in space.

Simon