PDA

View Full Version : dresser build ?

Brian Runau
12-11-2018, 10:18 AM
I am building an arts & crafts style dresser and want to use soft close drawer guides and inset the faces of the drawers into the frame VS overlay them. I have never done an inset drawer face and not in conjunction with soft close. I thought about making sides and back of the drawer boxes out of poplar and using a blind joint to put the face on. I am concerned about doing this in that it feels like it gives me less room for error in the reveal around the drawer front in the face of the dresser. I am thinking I get more wiggle room with a complete poplar drawer box and then attach the drawer front to the box and center this is the dresser face.

Open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Brian

Jim Becker
12-11-2018, 10:38 AM
I've only ever done separate boxes with applied fronts...easy to adjust for sure, especially when using commercial slides. A drawer with an integral front is easy with plain wood "Traditional" sliding techniques, but with mechanical slides I'd choose an applied front every time personally. (I only do inset drawers and doors to-date)

Steve Jenkins
12-11-2018, 10:41 AM
I agree with Jim

Robert Engel
12-11-2018, 10:42 AM
I am thinking I get more wiggle room with a complete poplar drawer box and then attach the drawer front to the box and center this is the dresser face.Brian
That's the way to do it!!

Brian Runau
12-11-2018, 12:30 PM
THANKS MEN. Brian