PDA

View Full Version : Veritas Platform Saddles- my new friends in the shop

Malcolm Schweizer
12-08-2018, 8:55 AM
The picture says it all. I’m about to cut some parts out of some plywood and these little orange gems are perfect for the job. They come with 3/4” bench dog adapters and can also screw into sawhorses or whatever you like. Sacrificial 2x4 can be cut with the track saw and not the bench top. A+

Bradley Gray
12-08-2018, 9:12 AM
Hi Malcolm,

Glad you made some new friends - I keep a few scrap boards of the proper length and let gravity hold them in place flat-ways on my bench top. I don't have a track saw but this works well with a Skilsaw. I place one piece of scrap directly below the cut.

Malcolm Schweizer
12-08-2018, 9:25 AM
Hi Malcolm,

Glad you made some new friends - I keep a few scrap boards of the proper length and let gravity hold them in place flat-ways on my bench top. I don't have a track saw but this works well with a Skilsaw. I place one piece of scrap directly below the cut.

I don’t trust myself enough to lay them flat. I need the extra 2.5” of thickness in case I forget to set my depth!!!

Dick Mahany
12-08-2018, 11:50 AM
The picture says it all. I’m about to cut some parts out of some plywood and these little orange gems are perfect for the job. They come with 3/4” bench dog adapters and can also screw into sawhorses or whatever you like. Sacrificial 2x4 can be cut with the track saw and not the bench top. A+

I agree these little helpers are wonderful. I see you have the larger size for 2X material and they look solid on your nice looking bench. I got a set of the smaller ones and they have breathed new life into my old Type 2 Workmate. I like the variable dog posts that fit everything from 3/4" to 20mm dog holes. Very clever design.