PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Rough Cut recordings

Andy Guss
11-29-2018, 1:05 PM
I am not sure exactly which forum this might belong in, but I wanted to see if anybody had a dvr copy of the tv show, Rough Cut with Tommy Mac, seasons 3-7. I had most of these recorded, but I failed to anticipate the legal challenges that would end up causing the online versions to be removed. I am mostly interested in the episode where Glen Huey and Tommy build the spice box with the string inlay. I believe it is Season 6, episode 5.

The first two seasons are still available on Amazon Prime, and Season 8 is available on Fine Woodworking, but if I could watch some of these other episodes I would be thrilled.

This is completely 100% for non commercial use, just hobby TV watching.

Thank you,

Andy

Michelle Rich
11-29-2018, 8:38 PM
ask your library. I have found lots of tommy's stuff on dvd. if your local library does not have it, they can order in what you want.

Van Huskey
11-29-2018, 9:21 PM
if your local library does not have it, they can order in what you want.

Outside of buying them, assuming they are still available on DVD inter-library loan should do the trick.

Andy Guss
12-06-2018, 8:09 AM
Thanks for those suggestions. I haven't found any evidence that the seasons I am looking for were ever issued on dvd, which is why I was hoping for something from somebody's personal dvr collection of the series. Maybe PBS will end up releasing these some day. I did find most of the information I was looking for in Steve Latta's video series on stringing inlay on Fine Woodworking, but the thing I most wanted a second look at from the rough cut video was his jig for cutting stringing on the table saw.

Thanks,

Andy

Van Huskey
12-06-2018, 6:58 PM
I did find most of the information I was looking for in Steve Latta's video series on stringing inlay on Fine Woodworking, but the thing I most wanted a second look at from the rough cut video was his jig for cutting stringing on the table saw.

Thanks,

Andy

I wonder if that can be found on his DVDs that Lie Nielsen sells.