PDA

View Full Version : Down the stretch!

Travis Stinson
11-30-2005, 2:14 PM
Whew! I think these just might wrap it up. Just got these buffed.
Mark Cothren sent me a chunk of Walnut in a swap, and look what I found inside!:eek:
Just kidding Mark, I've had this piece a while;) .
8" diameter by 5 1/2" tall, with Ebony collar. Danish oil then buffed.
The 2nd one is another Pear crotch that I roughed too thick and it developed some pretty bad cracks. I couldn't turn them all out, so I figured why not emphasize them with some black epoxy? It's 14" diameter by 12" tall, same finish.

Andy Hoyt
11-30-2005, 3:08 PM
Travis ol' buddy. I really really hope that one day you'll post something that I can relate to. You know - shattered rims; gouges bent sideways; blood spattered shavings; empty glue bottles; embedded parts in the ceiling; pic of you looking talentless and clueless. You know - feel good stuff!

Ah nuts. As long as I'm here, "They look Mahvelous!"

John Miliunas
11-30-2005, 3:15 PM
Travis ol' buddy. I really really hope that one day you'll post something that I can relate to. You know - shattered rims; gouges bent sideways; blood spattered shavings; empty glue bottles; embedded parts in the ceiling; pic of you looking talentless and clueless. You know - feel good stuff!

WHAT????? :eek: Andy, you gotta' vid cam hidden somewhere in my shop???:eek: :confused: Man, just can't trust nobody nowadays! :mad:

Those are beautiful, Travis! Very elegant, even the one with the "cracks". Good call on the epoxy. Where do you get the black epoxy, anyhow??? Or is just regular epoxy w/dye?:) :cool:

Mark Cothren
11-30-2005, 3:39 PM
I don't like you good enough to send you a piece of wood that nice...:cool:

Very nice work!!! Now get back to buffin'!

John Hart
11-30-2005, 3:57 PM
I get cracks and I say, "Nobody would want this garbage" and I throw it in the scrap bin.

Travis gets cracks and says, "I meant to do that - $100 please"

This is the difference.

Oh yeah...and also...Travis, you are an artist....an absolute artist.

Andy Hoyt
11-30-2005, 4:33 PM
During my discussion with the nice folks at PPHQ, they provided this photo and asked me to confirm it is yours

John Miliunas
11-30-2005, 4:38 PM
During my discussion with the nice folks at PPHQ, they provided this photo and asked me to confirm it is yours

Good grief!!! :eek: First the camera IN my shop and now one outside the shop! Where will it end????:eek: BTW, you can PS John's mugg back outta' the picture. What??? You trying to mislead people????:confused: :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
11-30-2005, 4:44 PM
Oh all right

John Miliunas
11-30-2005, 5:44 PM
Oh all right

There 'ya go... Truth in advertising, you know.:) (Sniff, sniff, sniff...Hmmm, what smells? I think LOML has been using this dumpster for non-woodworking stuff! Whew...!!!:eek: ):D :cool:

Jim Ketron
11-30-2005, 5:45 PM
Nice stuff Travis!
That Walnut looks awesome!
Love all the figure in it:eek: !

Dick Parr
11-30-2005, 8:23 PM
Very nice Travis, love the walnut. Now you need to rest up for this weekend. Good luck. ;)

Travis Stinson
11-30-2005, 8:41 PM
That's the plan Dick!:D
John, it's just 90 min epoxy with ground up charcoal dust mixed in.;)

John Miliunas
11-30-2005, 9:17 PM
That's the plan Dick!:D
John, it's just 90 min epoxy with ground up charcoal dust mixed in.;)

Thanks Travis!:) Man, what a place! I learned no less than two cool things on this one thread. Where else can you go and see such beautiful work, learn so much in so little time and find out about spy camera's in/around my shop all at the same time! Sheeeesh...It just don't get no better than this!:D :cool:

Mark Singer
11-30-2005, 9:21 PM
Travis,
You are making some beauties!!! I love them!

John Hart
11-30-2005, 9:22 PM
I just want to know how those spy cameras knew EXACTLY when I would be there. These conference calls have got to stop!

Rich Stewart
12-01-2005, 10:28 AM
So far I have been unable to throw away anything. My wife looks at a broken piece and says, "What are ya keeping that for?" I say, "Cause I made it."

Wow!!! 14 inch diameter? dang.

Keith Burns
12-01-2005, 7:09 PM
Trav you are just to good:D