PDA

View Full Version : Airlock after cyclone

Matt Mattingley
11-25-2018, 11:17 PM
I Purchased a oneida airlock a few years ago to rid of my drum. Is there anyone else here using an airlock that can show some pictures of what they’re doing? I am in a basement shop with 7.5 foot ceilings. Introducing the airlock would get me very close to the ground.

Bill Dufour
11-25-2018, 11:26 PM
What happens to the chips when the fall from the airlock? Will you have a very low cart with not much capacity or a conveyor belt to get them up and out.

Matt Mattingley
11-25-2018, 11:33 PM
What happens to the chips wehn the fall from the airlock? Will you have a very low cart with not much capacity or a conveyor belt to get them up and out.
You are seeing a reality of what I’m thinking about. The airlock chews up about 14 inches of drum space. I was thinking conveyor too. Up to some other process… Bag chips or pellet.

My average 20 gallon pail whighs about 40 pounds. All small chips or dust.

Darcy Warner
11-26-2018, 9:42 AM
Blower. Pipe, outside into a bin.

If I ever get around to setting up my big system, I will blow from my air lock to a semi trailer.

Chuck Saunders
11-26-2018, 10:39 AM
No help here as I have an airlock on my Grizzly 5hp unit, but I have it sticking up above the 9' ceiling so a trashcan fits nicely underneath. Though I can say, do what you must, it is worth the effort to have the airlock.
Chuck

Martin Wasner
11-26-2018, 8:37 PM
Blower. Pipe, outside into a bin.

That's what's I appreciates abouts you.

I'd add you probably want a closed loop on the transfer fan.

Darcy Warner
11-26-2018, 9:39 PM
That's what's I appreciates abouts you.

I'd add you probably want a closed loop on the transfer fan.

That's a Texas sized 10-4.