PDA

View Full Version : Kudos for Amazon Customer Service

Frederick Skelly
11-24-2018, 5:27 PM
An Amazon Prime order was not delivered today - got email from Amazon saying USPS didnt want to leave it on my porch. That was odd - Id been home all day and received a Fedex delivery 30 mins earlier, but OK stuff happens. But USPS left a delivery notice in my mailbox, on which the Mail Carrier had written "would not fit on truck" and instructing me to pick it up Monday at my Post Office. Well, no - that doesnt work. The local PO doesnt open until after I have to be at work. So I called USPS to schedule redelivery and their (seemingly inept) automated system could not process me. Finally, it put me on hold for an agent with an estimated wait time of "greater than 60 minutes". So I hung up and tried their online system. Still no success. (A quick and important point: my local Post Office is pretty well run and my regular Mail Carrier takes good care of me. I am not a Post Office basher. Maybe this was Christmas Help or Christmas workload.)

Anyway. I pay about $100/year for the convenience of Prime. And by now Im steaming mad because it's hard for me to miss work. So I call Amazon - at the end of the day this is their shipping contract and they should know what I am experiencing. Well, Amazon got through to a USPS agent within 1 minute, arranged redelivery on Monday and told me they'd call the local PO and follow-up with me on Monday to make sure this happens. And then they sent an email to me explaining that if it doesnt arrive Monday Amazon will reship if necessary. So we'll see. But Amazon already had more luck than I did.

Im hopeful.
Fred

Jim Becker
11-24-2018, 5:53 PM
They have been good to us, too, when something goes awry, including their local delivery service having a lazy person sometimes who claims they didn't have the code for the gate (THERE IS NO GATE! LOL) or when they inadvertently deliver it somewhere else. They've also dinged a third party seller when they failed to provide a product and/or a refund.