PDA

View Full Version : My woodworking area

marlin adams
11-23-2018, 12:40 AM
Its 10'x16' which I am grateful for since it got me off my deck and out of the weather :) I do have the space to move my tablesaw to the left there up against the wall. I can take the router table off my workmate and store them out of the way and I am going to build a fliptop bench for my planer thats on my workbench so later I can store the jointer I am planning on getting later on the same flip top bench and I will have a place for it to to store it out of the way.

Frederick Skelly
11-23-2018, 7:12 AM
Much better than using the deck Marlin! Good for you!
I can't recall - did you build a shed or is this in the corner of some other building?
Fred

Art Mann
11-23-2018, 11:15 AM
Good for you. A small shop is certainly better than no shop. It gives you an opportunity to get creative with tool storage and work area. I have been there.

marlin adams
11-23-2018, 8:33 PM
Much better than using the deck Marlin! Good for you!
I can't recall - did you build a shed or is this in the corner of some other building?
Fred

well believe it or not this use to be my moms bedroom and it is part of a larger shop a 36'x16' which at one time my family (5 of us) and my mom we lived in it while we went from a 2 bedroom log cabin to a 4 bedroom house. It had a small kitchen and a big living area for us 5 plus a full bath and I made sure my mom had her own bedroom with a private exterior and interior entrance. For several months we lived like that until the house got done. LOL I love my family but I did alot of voluntary overtime :).

I rip the kitchen out and the larger area is my mom sewing room for all her machines :) She fixin to be 80 this Dec and still going strong.

julian abram
11-23-2018, 11:08 PM
A warm, dry space work space is a great motivator regardless of size. Wet and/or cold fingers quickly take the fun out of woodworking. Congratulations!:)

Robert Engel
11-24-2018, 9:24 AM
Brings back memories! My first shop was 12x16 utility shed.