PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever purchase from these guys.

Patrick Walsh
11-22-2018, 6:50 AM
Price seems way lower than KC tool.

https://www.misterworker.com/en-us/stahlwille/socket-set-1-2-square-50-pcs-50-43-7/8789.html

Peter Kuhlman
11-22-2018, 7:22 AM
Not familiar with most of the brands they sell. Italian based company. Might be a good source for European woodworkers.

Frederick Skelly
11-22-2018, 7:30 AM
I see a few brands I know or recognize - 3M, Dewalt, Stanley, FACOM, USAG. Be interesting to see if anyone has bought from them. Thanks for posting this Patrick - more suppliers is usually a good thing.

Bill Dufour
11-22-2018, 7:37 AM
We have "three guys pizza" in our town. seems to be okay.
Bill D

Patrick Walsh
11-22-2018, 7:41 AM
Talking about the vendor not the brand of tools.

They have a crazy 30-50% off sale vrs KC tool that also sells Stahlwelle.

For instance a roller box is $900 some odd dollars on sale vrs KC tools Black Friday price of $2000 some odd dollars.

Socket/ratchet sets the same.

Van Huskey
11-22-2018, 8:53 AM
I haven't bought from this site but I have bought from Tools-Giant in Germany and they have always had the cheapest prices in Stahlwille I could find, Facom too. Most of the other German handtool brands I get from Amazon.de. If this company turns out to be cheapest and you order from them let us know how it goes, I am always interested in low cost Euro handtools.

Patrick Walsh
11-22-2018, 10:33 AM
Van,

The pricing on much of this stuff is just unreal by comparison to even KC's Black Friday deals.

I think I'm gonna loose my mind buying today..

Oh boy the stupid saw restoration is the perfect tool buying excuse.

Now I need tools for my tools lol

Van Huskey
11-22-2018, 10:53 AM
Van,

The pricing on much of this stuff is just unreal by comparison to even KC's Black Friday deals.

I think I'm gonna loose my mind buying today..

Oh boy the stupid saw restoration is the perfect tool buying excuse.

Now I need tools for my tools lol

I used to buy from KX and Chad's toolbox always waiting for sales but after discovering the Euro sellers I have used nothing but them save one exception. * When I first discovered them I went on a buying spree like I thought they were going to realize they priced everything 50% off and would change the prices back.

* once you have bought the first time from Zoro (which you get 15% off of for signing up) they will routinely send 20-25% off coupons sitewide (except for the usual exceptions). I build up things in my cart (Wera, Starrett, Tormek, Knipex etc) and buy it all when I get a 25% coupon. Some of the Euro stuff is cheaper when it is 25% off at Zoro, you just have to compare including shipping. Usually, the best deals are on Knipex pliers and Wera screwdrivers, at least of the things I buy. I actually prefer NWS pliers but Knipex has a lot of types that NWS does not make.

peter gagliardi
11-22-2018, 11:11 AM
That link is a bit hard to decipher- it looks like you get an empty case for $11.00 and change??
I just got a large mechanics toolbox- like 30” deep x 84” long large that I need to fill, so inexpensive QUALITY tool links are very helpful, thanks.

Patrick Walsh
11-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Peter,

If you poke poke around and or click on that $11 link it will bring you to a screen that gives you all kinds of options for that item. It took me a minute also to figure that out.

I keep my Woodworking tools at work in the blue Snap On case bellow. It’s pretty big, I have a few empty drawers considering you can build custom cabinets with a tape measure and a pencil lol..

I sadly lent out a rather large bit genearlly speaking inexpensive craftsman set of tools to a neighbor whom rented next door to me then disappeared in the middle of the night. I don’t think it was intentional but all my lechanics tools went all at once and a couple festool sanders. I’m not suspect as they were. Couple and recently one of the, whom was a cancer survivor and in remission sadly was diagnosed with cancer yet again. Poiny is a small loss for me and really it a big deal but I barely own a pair of pliers at this point.

I have wanted to build a proper toolbox full of forever mechanics tools for a long time. This saw restoration is the perfect excuse. Plus at work I’m always having to repair some machine and I just never ever have what I need and the. Need to go borrow it from someone in another shop on another floor.

I think I’m aboht to spend as much on wrenches as I just did on the machine lol.

A great holiday diversion for me ;)

Ok time to cook!

My dog expects dinner at a very specific time.

That link is a bit hard to decipher- it looks like you get an empty case for $11.00 and change??
I just got a large mechanics toolbox- like 30” deep x 84” long large that I need to fill, so inexpensive QUALITY tool links are very helpful, thanks.

Van Huskey
11-22-2018, 12:13 PM

I assume he is looking at the 50pc set that comes in the box, which is $815 (plus there is a 10% coupon), roughly half what it costs in the US.

Van Huskey
11-22-2018, 12:21 PM
I think I’m aboht to spend as much on wrenches as I just did on the machine lol.

I have become a big fan of Wera Joker wrenches, they seemed a little gimmicky but now they are the first ones I reach for and only use something else if I don't have the right size.

Bill Dufour
11-22-2018, 1:08 PM
Zoro tools shipping is only $5.00 per order but... If they come from multiple warehouse you will pay multiple $5.00 shipping fees.
Bil lD.

Patrick Walsh
11-22-2018, 1:16 PM
Purchased some airline fittings and the such from Zoro once.

I can’t remeber but I remeber feeling they were overpriced and delivery took forever or something. Maybe I had to return something or exchange and it was pita?

Can’t remeber exactly what but I know I remeber saying that the last time I purchase through them.

Zoro tools shipping is only $5.00 per order but... If they come from multiple warehouse you will pay multiple $5.00 shipping fees.
Bil lD.

Van Huskey
11-22-2018, 2:12 PM
Bil lD.

Their free shipping starts at $50 and I have never ordered where I had to pay shipping.

Patrick, they are over-priced often over retail but I never buy unless I get 25% off. The Tormek was over retail but with 25% off I still saved over $130 off the normal firm price. Zoro is a coupon only place for me. They often take 2-3 days to ship and it is standard UPS ground (unless you pay for quicker) so I usually get my orders 6-7 calendar days after I order. I have ordered things that were back ordered (in order to use the coupon) but they have always shipped within the window I was given with no extra shipping, my last order had some Starrett stuff, one thing shipped with the rest of my order then about 2 weeks later the other two Starrett items showed up, but I knew this at checkout. I have never returned or exchanged anything so it indeed could be a PITA. Some things aren't even a deal at 25% off, you just have to shop. When I first started talking about them some guys bought Sawstops for decent savings but shortly after they put them on the "not discounted list". I was surprised Tormek wasn't on that list, yet.

peter gagliardi
11-22-2018, 2:56 PM
A 50 pc set for $800+ !!
That’s pretty extreme, even for someone who likes Martin machines!

Van Huskey
11-22-2018, 7:32 PM
A 50 pc set for $800+ !!

That is about half the going price in the US https://chadstoolbox.com/96030136-stahlwille-50-43-7-1-2-drive-socket-set/

Darcy Warner
11-22-2018, 7:41 PM
I have become a big fan of Wera Joker wrenches, they seemed a little gimmicky but now they are the first ones I reach for and only use something else if I don't have the right size.

I have a full set of sae and metric.

Great wrenches, but I have two complaints.

1. I still like an offset box end better.
2. I have got a wrench stuck on a bolt because you have to flip the ratcheting end over to reverse it. I almost cut a wrench once, I was soooooo pissed at the time.

Darcy Warner
11-22-2018, 7:45 PM
A 50 pc set for $800+ !!

I spin wrenches daily, it doesn't take long before you start buying nice stuff. I refuse to buy snap on or Mac. Local tool store that carrys Armstrong stuff, I donate to the owners kids college fund once a week.

Van Huskey
11-22-2018, 7:53 PM
I spin wrenches daily, it doesn't take long before you start buying nice stuff. I refuse to buy snap on or Mac. Local tool store that carrys Armstrong stuff, I donate to the owners kids college fund once a week.

Better buy the Armstrong stuff you want quick, "they be dead" Apex kilt them off as of this summer.

Darcy Warner
11-22-2018, 7:55 PM
Better buy the Armstrong stuff you want quick, "they be dead" Apex kilt them off as of this summer.

Gosh darn it.

Time for more Hazet and Wera I guess.

For cheaper stuff that I may loose, or abuse on purpose, Tekton stuff is pretty decent.

Van Huskey
11-22-2018, 8:11 PM
I have a full set of sae and metric.

Great wrenches, but I have two complaints.

1. I still like an offset box end better.
2. I have got a wrench stuck on a bolt because you have to flip the ratcheting end over to reverse it. I almost cut a wrench once, I was soooooo pissed at the time.

1. I generally like inline better if I have the knuckle space

2. Fortunately, it has never happened to me with a Wera and I had never thought about it but now I can see what a serious PITA it would be.

The Tekton stuff is indeed decent for the money, I also have some GearWrench rarely used oddballs that seem well worth the price.

Patrick Walsh
11-23-2018, 10:25 PM
It is extreme isn’t it.

I had not thought of it that way but you are right.

Still nothing like snapons prices though..

A 50 pc set for $800+ !!