PDA

View Full Version : Another Just curious . . . .

lowell holmes
11-21-2018, 7:05 PM
I see that Lowe's is selling Craftsman brand tools and such. Is that the same as the line Sears used to sell?

steven c newman
11-21-2018, 7:14 PM
Yep. With the same lifetime warranty

lowell holmes
11-21-2018, 7:43 PM
That's good news.

Ron Bontz
11-21-2018, 8:10 PM
From what I understand, some of the tool boxes?, are made just south of St. Louis. Just looked at some at Lowes tonight, myself. Says "Made in the USA" on them.

lowell holmes
11-21-2018, 9:15 PM
I already like Lowes. Tomorrow I will look at them.

Jim Koepke
11-22-2018, 2:19 AM
The Craftsman name is now owned by Stanley Black & Decker.

jtk

Bob Glenn
11-22-2018, 9:39 AM
Speaking of Lowes, if you are a veteran of our military services, take you DD214 paperwork to the service desk and ask them to register you for their Veteran's discount program. It is basically a ten percent discount on anything in the store on all future purchases.

lowell holmes
11-22-2018, 11:05 AM
I was discharged a loooong time ago. I couldn't possibly find the papers. :)

Jim Koepke
11-22-2018, 3:05 PM
I was discharged a loooong time ago. I couldn't possibly find the papers. :)

It would not surprise me to find that Lowes has had the same situation with many a veteran. They may be able to verify you without the paperwork.

With all the "thanks for your service" programs available to veterans it would probably be a good idea to see if replacement paperwork is available.

jtk

Bruce Haugen
11-22-2018, 3:41 PM
With all the "thanks for your service" programs available to veterans it would probably be a good idea to see if replacement paperwork is available.

jtk

It’s not that hard to get replacement a DD214 from the VA. Here is how: https://iris.custhelp.va.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/3057/~/obtain-a-copy-of-dd-214

Art Mann
11-22-2018, 7:35 PM
With all that has transpired with Sears and the Craftsman brand in recent years, the label and paint job means nothing to me. They could be good tools but I remember back in the late 1960's when both Stanley and Black and Decker were premium quality brands. Neither of those brands even comes close to high quality today. I will treat the current Craftsman offerings as if they were a new brand with no history when I buy. They might be excellent but the brand name doesn't prove it.

Tony Wilkins
11-22-2018, 7:39 PM
With all that has transpired with Sears and the Craftsman brand in recent years, the label and paint job means nothing to me. They could be good tools but I remember back in the late 1960's when both Stanley and Black and Decker were premium quality brands. Neither of those brands even comes close to high quality today. I will treat the current Craftsman offerings as if they were a new brand with no history when I buy. They might be excellent but the brand name doesn't prove it.

The last few craftsman tools I got were made in China and were dreadful.

Dave Anderson NH
11-23-2018, 10:22 AM
Lowell,

If you are in the VA system for medical care and have an ID or have a VA benefits card that is proof enough for Lowes. When I registered with them I used my VA medical ID card and I get that nice 10% off of everything.

steven c newman
11-23-2018, 10:29 PM
My "proper" name has 9 extra letters......SGT. and USA RET

Which means I get a little check each month...and a gray ID card.....Lowes AND Home Depot will give you a 10% discount. You also get a special parking space up near the front doors.

Tom Bender
12-01-2018, 1:45 PM
I have been disappointed by the Irwin tool line. Maybe this will be better.

George Bokros
12-01-2018, 1:52 PM
Speaking of Lowes, if you are a veteran of our military services, take you DD214 paperwork to the service desk and ask them to register you for their Veteran's discount program. It is basically a ten percent discount on anything in the store on all future purchases.

I signed up for the veterans discount on their web site. It was through signing up for the "My Lowes" card