PDA

View Full Version : Safety thread poll. Please vote.

John Shuk
11-29-2005, 5:19 PM
Okay. This is something I've thought about proposing for awhile. The timing seems pretty good now. How about all shop accident threads being put in a sticky note and put into all forums? We all need to keep safety first and maybe this would promote an extra second of thought when entering our shops. What do you think?

Peter Gavin
11-29-2005, 5:29 PM
The stickies would take up the whole first page of the forums too quickly.

Peter

Jim Becker
11-29-2005, 6:12 PM
Ditto Peter's comment. Stickies are not a good way to do this. BUT...using thread titles that make for easier searching is something we should all try to do even for "normal" posts...

Jim Young
11-29-2005, 6:14 PM
Too many stickies. Maybe their own forum, although I might not read the posts.

Frank Guerin
11-29-2005, 6:17 PM
I would no doubt voice a rational response dictated on logical deduction but unfortunately I have no idea how to put a sticky note on a thread. Where's my grandkids when I need them.

Vaughn McMillan
11-29-2005, 6:22 PM
While the intention behind the idea is very commendable, I agree that eventually the "sticky" threads would end up taking over the first page of the forums, and would likely end up being ignored by most folks. In the current format, the "accident" threads stand out, and already grab my attention by the horns.

- Vaughn

John Shuk
11-29-2005, 7:25 PM
What if the post remained at the front for a while Maybe a week and then started to move with the rest of the threads? I don't know if this is possible and I wouldn't want to add to the moderator work load too much.