PDA

View Full Version : Conveyor for my fiber

Trey Tull
11-17-2018, 10:26 PM
After purchasing my fiber, I landed a contract marking ink pens. I quickly realized I needed a conveyor b/c I’m tired of marking pens by hand. I ordered it a few weeks ago and it can in last week. It seems these things are designed to be installed and not removed but that won’t work for me b/c I still need to use my rotary, XY table and vise. After doing some pondering, I came up with a plan.

I decided to remove the column/head from the base plate and mount it to the conveyor. To accomplish this I had to machine a back plate that attaches to the back rail of the conveyor. This plate is 11.5x15x.375 and is adjustable up/down and left/right. To support the weight of the column/head I added a leg in the back that had an adjustable foot. Next was to redesign the bracket that holds the sensor which stops the belt when a pen passes in front of it. I took one of my adjustable indicator mounts and threaded it into the back plate (small red arm).

Next I needed a way to use my rotary, XY table and vise, so I machined a plate that sits over the belt and locks into the front and back rail of the conveyor. I drilled and tapped a series of holes into this plate and left part of it smooth for my suction vise to mount. This took a while on my manual mill.

I have yet to figure everything out with the conveyor but I can work on it as I get time. It came with no instructions. I still need to mount my monitor on the wall and make a new place for my keyboard and mouse. More pics of the setup below.

No idea why some pics are sideways.

Oh yea, conveyor is from RayFine.

Brennan Sheremeto
11-18-2018, 5:14 PM
I'm a little lost... small video of it in action perhaps?

Bill George
11-19-2018, 5:53 PM
Yeah, I don't get it either. Should not the conveyor belt be on top of the table?

Scott Marquez
11-19-2018, 10:10 PM
Very nice project.
I’m guessing that you loosen up the mounting bolts on the table and slide it out of the way whe not in use.
I’m really interested in the conveyor and it’s different functions.
Scott

Trey Tull
11-19-2018, 11:06 PM
The top table is removable. It is only installed when I need to use the XY table, rotary or suction vise. If i need the conveyor, I loosen 4 bolts and the top table pulls off.

i haven’t figured the conveyor out yet. They don’t come with any instructions and I have lasered the belt more times than pens so far. I’ve only had alittle time here and there to tinker with it but hopefully I’ll get it dialed in soon.