PDA

View Full Version : Shop Accidents

Shelley Bolster
11-29-2005, 4:02 PM
I know that many of you do not visit the General Woodworking Forum on a regular basis but I invite you to please checkout and vote on the 2 polls about shop safety/ accidents. Only with as many woodworkers as possible casting votes, will we get a true picture of the accidents actually occuring in WW shops.

Bill Stevener
11-29-2005, 4:15 PM
Hi Shelley,
Posted over on the round side, can't get the link up??????????
Bill.>>>>>>>>:)

Shelley Bolster
11-29-2005, 4:28 PM
Hi Shelley,
Posted over on the round side, can't get the link up??????????
Bill.>>>>>>>>:)

Me too Bill...thanks for the heads up. I deleted the ones above - sorry, you're right.....the address won't link for some reason....Oh well, guess you will have to just look under the General Woodworking Forum......sorry all.....I was trying to save some time.

Steve Clardy
11-29-2005, 7:45 PM
Yep. Voted there.
I've been cut more with knives, chisels than machinery.

Alan Turner
11-29-2005, 8:49 PM
Shelly,
Like Dave Anderson, my reported accident was with a chisel. I stuck a 3/4" chisel into the web between my thumb and first finger down to the bone by having my left hand below the cut when the stock suddenly released. Just plain dumb, but that is how accidnets happen. I have only slight residuals from this, and figure I am quite lucky.

Shelley Bolster
11-29-2005, 9:56 PM
Alan - your and Dave's accidents sound exactly what was, up until last week, my only injury in the shop......a chisel stuck in my finger from released grain! That was 5 years ago.....and still to this day it reminds me to keep my free hand away from the direction I am paring.:rolleyes:

Dennis McDonaugh
11-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Shelly,
Like Dave Anderson, my reported accident was with a chisel. I stuck a 3/4" chisel into the web between my thumb and first finger soen to the bone by having my left hand below the cut when the stock suddenly released. Just palin dumb, but that is how accidnets happen. I have only slight residuals from this, and figure I am quite lucky.

Oh, I get it now Alan, were calling it an accident even if no amputation was involved. My bad. I need to change my input! :D