PDA

View Full Version : Ebay trying to search either/or no longer avaiable?

Bill Dufour
11-16-2018, 10:28 PM
I just lost a long winded post about this so I will keep it short.
I am trying to search ebay for several makes of planer. They not longer seem to allow either/or searches. Ebay does not use Boliean logic in their search engine. any ideas on how to get around this fatal flaw? Well at least fatal to my customer use of their site.
Bill D.

Van Huskey
11-17-2018, 7:06 AM
Does the query: Planer (Powermatic, Delta, Northfield) no longer work?

Bill Orbine
11-17-2018, 3:31 PM
There are other concepts besides the Boolean method to help narrow your search on Ebay. You can use quotation marks to locate specific group of words such as "Makita planer". The ebay search engine will do better to search for Makita planer (two words in this specific order on the listings) rather than listings Makita AND planer that shows in no specific order on the listings. What specifically are you looking for with planers?

Bill Dufour
11-17-2018, 9:48 PM
Looking for a rockwell or powermatic 18" planer.
VAN I will try commas. only info I found said separate with a slash |

Bill D

On edit Van's method worked. the thing I had to change was not to put it in quotes as people recommended but inside parenthesizes.

Van Huskey
11-18-2018, 3:43 AM
Glad it worked. I assume you know you can save searches. This saves time in typing them and they will often pop up new items on the eBay landing page if you go into eBay from the "main entrance" though I rarely do.