PDA

View Full Version : Progress

Tom Krueger
11-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Making a Gustav Stickley 614 chest of drawers. Think I'm finally making progress!396354

John TenEyck
11-10-2018, 1:59 PM
Yes, it looks like you are. Some nice QS WO in the doors, too. How are those frames joined to the sides, stopped dados or sliding dovetails perhaps?

John

Tom Krueger
11-10-2018, 3:29 PM
Yes, it looks like you are. Some nice QS WO in the doors, too. How are those frames joined to the sides, stopped dados or sliding dovetails perhaps?

John
I took the easy way and used stopped dados, pocket screwed from underneath.

Mark Rainey
11-10-2018, 5:06 PM
Nice project Tom. Those larger pieces take time but you will get something that will last a lifetime & maybe more. One of my first projects was a chest of drawers after seeing the poor quality of build at the retail stores.

Tom Krueger
11-11-2018, 7:40 AM
Nice project Tom. Those larger pieces take time but you will get something that will last a lifetime & maybe more. One of my first projects was a chest of drawers after seeing the poor quality of build at the retail stores.
Thanks guys. Been pretty drawn out so far, or maybe just my anal side showing, lol. Been researching Gustav's work for a few years, and scrounging pieces and parts almost as long.
Think the hardest part was drawing the plans ( they aren't available anywhere I could find). Had to find good pictures online, and scaled from those. Even contacted a couple museums for details. Bob Lang also was a huge help! (Pretty sure Bob is a member here)