PDA

View Full Version : Finishing Pop Up Shelter Needed...

Derek Arita
11-01-2018, 9:50 AM
I'm looking for a pop up spray shelter to use in the garage shop. I'd like the convenience of a really quick sprung pop up type. Found this medium sized one, but I'd really need it to be just a little bigger. The large size that they make is the type that has to be assembled, which I don't want to have to do. Anyone know of a one?
https://www.amazon.com/HomeRight-C900139-M-Medium-Spray-Shelter/dp/B07DNXH8QL/ref=sr_1_11_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1541079975&sr=8-11-spons&keywords=spray+shelter&psc=1

Paul Mosteller
11-01-2018, 9:57 AM
Did you see this one?
https://www.amazon.com/HomeRight-Shelter-C900038-Portable-Painting/dp/B011L3DVVO?ref_=w_bl_hsx_s_hi_web_2593626011

Derek Arita
11-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Ya, sure did. Requires assembly. I know it's not much assembly, but I really like the convenience of the type that you just opens up and springs to shape, like that medium one.

Dick Mahany
11-01-2018, 12:18 PM
I don't know of a larger one that doesn't require some assembly, however if you do wind up thinking about the Homeright spray shelter, I have been very happy with the quality and ease of use of this smaller model which fits nicely on a card table. It is well made and really helps contain the overspray.

Bill Dufour
11-01-2018, 12:27 PM
How are these any better then a camping tent? I used a camping tent to sandblast some big parts. just unzipped the door a little put my arms and the gun inside. I did this outdoors recycled the sand off the floor.

Nick Decker
11-01-2018, 1:52 PM
I have the smaller Homeright and it works well. I just fold it flat for storage, as getting it twisted back into the small shape it started as is beyond me.

Derek Arita
11-01-2018, 3:20 PM
How are these any better then a camping tent? I used a camping tent to sandblast some big parts. just unzipped the door a little put my arms and the gun inside. I did this outdoors recycled the sand off the floor.
Bill, the folding tents I looked at have smaller openings. The opening has to be about the width of the enclosure. Also, the paint shelters provide height for painting taller items.

glenn bradley
11-01-2018, 3:22 PM
Garage sale tent ;-) In my search I found that one I got one large enough to fit the items I was concerned with, it was too big to do me any good indoors. I will be watching to see if someone comes up with something I missed. A few shower curtains and rods have been used successfully.

Bill Dufour
11-01-2018, 9:19 PM
My tent was bought without poles so I hung it from some convenient tree branches with ropes.. You could hang it from the ceiling with some bungee cords.
Bil l D

Doug Garson
11-05-2018, 11:16 PM
Not a pop up tent style but have a look at this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7JQT7kffNg

Steve Potter
11-06-2018, 8:05 AM
There is a trick to it. It took me several tries to get it...... but once you "get it" , it's easy. I just followed the direction to the letter and all of a sudden, it worked. Keep trying!