PDA

View Full Version : Ice Storm

David Wilson
11-28-2005, 3:56 PM
I guess winter is finally here. The rain started yesterday AM and continued untill this AM. Temps have been below freezing for a couple weeks so the rain turned to ice when it hit the ground or anything else. Power lines are down all around us. Luckely, the power has not gone out in Breckenridge.
Everything is closed today so I have been making sawdust. Took a couple pics in the back yard. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26655&stc=1&d=1133210956

David Wilson
11-28-2005, 4:01 PM
Forgot to mention that the rain didn't really quit, it turned to sleet. It is snowing now and 5 to 10 inches are predicted. There is about an inch of ice on the roads so with sleet and snow on top I will be surprised if I make it to work tomorrow.

Ted Shrader
11-28-2005, 4:07 PM
. . . There is about an inch of ice on the roads so with sleet and snow on top . . . .That'll be fun!!! :) ;) :)

Ted

Bruce Page
11-28-2005, 4:37 PM
We had a dusting of snow yesterday morning, it was gone by 9:00 AM. :p
Seriously, we’ve had freezing rain a few times over the years here in Albuquerque, although very pretty, I’m not too fond of the stuff.

Kent Cori
11-28-2005, 4:48 PM
This reminds me of why I moved from Wisconsin to Florida. I worked all weekend in shorts while in the shop. Of course, I didn't get today off as a snow day either.:(

Tyler Howell
11-28-2005, 5:58 PM
Dave,
57 * and raining right now in the Twin Cities. Go figure

Dick Parr
11-28-2005, 6:03 PM
WOW and I thought it was getting chilly today when it hit 75.:eek: :D But from what the weather man said it is about to change tonight.:mad:

Steve Clardy
11-28-2005, 6:03 PM
Ugh!!. Getting some sleet here

Joe Pelonio
11-28-2005, 6:17 PM
David,

That's the one thing that keeps me home, here we refer to it as "freezing rain" and there's no way to drive in it. We're expecting 1-2" of snow tonight, and winter is definitely here. Before I could finish this post my son called to tell me the neighbor's tree just fell in the wind and took out the back corner of the fence. I'm guessing it was dead because it's only about 20 mph winds.

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-28-2005, 6:41 PM
I'm glad you're keeping all that stuff there! I have to go to work tomorrow.

Bruce

Richard Gillespie
11-28-2005, 7:38 PM
68 degrees here today and a near record. Did I tell you, I hate cold weather. Been trying to convince LOML to get a class A RV and go full time so we can be warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Between the grandchildren and "her stuff", I'm not likely to succeed.

Joe Pelonio
11-29-2005, 8:27 AM
Our weather people have to be the worst in the World. "Winter Storm Watch '05" Turns out to be a flop, we had a dusting, maybe 1/2" of snow at most and it was 37 this morning. As for the fence, a full 8 foot section is toast, it was a 12" diameter alder, by the time I got home the neighbor had removed it and put up temporary wire fencing.

Chad Pater
11-29-2005, 9:28 AM
We had some bad weather down here in the SW corner too, although it could have been much worse. We had over an inch of rain before in changed to snow. We still ended up with close to 8 inches of snow. Combine that with the 60 mph winds and it wasn't pleasant:eek: .