PDA

View Full Version : Zhen Damascas knife for -$50 at Woodcraft, DO NOT add to your cart.

Justin Meyer
10-27-2018, 8:48 AM
...it will kill your cart and ability to check out (at least on Firefox 60.2 and Chromium 60.9). I was buying casters as their annual sale just started, and was browsing through all sale/clearance items and saw the knife. I knew it was an error, and once I added it to my cart, I couldn't get to my cart anymore or check out. I had to clear cookies and restart the browser to get a clean cart and then reorder items.

It took me longer to write this post than go through the process, so maybe I save a few other people the aggravation from excess curiosity/ "deal" seeking.

P.S. - I called it into Customer Care already.

Jim Becker
10-27-2018, 12:04 PM
That's too bad...the Zhen knife kits are "worthy". I've built two and would do more. 'Hope they get the site fixed so others don't run into the cart issue you found!

Justin Meyer
10-27-2018, 1:10 PM
...and it's fixed. For the low, low price of $69.99.

David Helm
10-27-2018, 3:21 PM
That's too bad...the Zhen knife kits are "worthy". I've built two and would do more. 'Hope they get the site fixed so others don't run into the cart issue you found!
Same here Jim. I've been using mine (with quilted big leaf maple handles) for a couple of years. Extremely sharp when new. Holds edge well. Before cutting meat I throw a few strokes on the steel. Works great. A friend who was house sitting for us when we were off to Europe last Spring used it and fell in love. Made her one with Claro Walnut handles. $50 would have been a steal.

David Helm
10-27-2018, 3:22 PM
...and it's fixed. For the low, low price of $69.99.
That is still a great price.

Jim Becker
10-27-2018, 5:06 PM
David, my "favorite knife in the drawer" is the Nakeri. I love the format and it feels very natural to me. Mine is the older version without the ten billion folds, but it stays sharp and like you, I give it a few strokes on the steel from time to time to dress the edge.