PDA

View Full Version : rotary help

Jason Ilich
10-25-2018, 5:44 PM
Hi all... Thanks to all the info on the page i have got my laser up and running but i am having a problem with the rotary attachment.. the software is LinkMotion by solustan but my understanding is it runs like universal laser systems. I enter the diameter in the rotary tab and it calculates the size for me to enter into Corel draw, next i lay out my design and press print, it sends the engraving (gcode) to the laser but the rotary attachment does not move the laser just engraves a line... but when i manually tell the y axis to move the rotary rotates as advertised... any help is very appreciated

Trey Tull
10-26-2018, 8:08 AM
I'm not familiar with your software but with my universal, I have to plug in the rotary and then tell my software that the rotary is connected. It sound to me like you don't have something checked or your software isn't telling your machine to move the Y axis.

Jason Ilich
10-26-2018, 8:18 AM
Yes sir. I connected mine via a connector inside the laser cabinet, then selected rotary attachment on the y axis, when I use the arrow (jog) buttons in the software the rotary attachment rotates it just doesn’t rotate when I print from CorelDRAW so I wasn’t sure if I was missing something in the CorelDRAW print settings