PDA

View Full Version : World's Ugiliest Dog

John Hart
11-28-2005, 2:13 PM
I saw this today on the AP wire and just thought I'd share a bit

FILE: ** Sam, crowned the 'World's Ugliest Dog' for three years in a row at the Sonoma-Marin Fair, is shown in Santa Barbara, Calif., on June 28, 2005. The pooch with the hairless body, crooked teeth and sparse tuft of hair atop his knobby head died Friday, Nov. 18, 2005, just short of his 15th birthday, according to his owner, Susie Lockheed. (AP Photo/Santa Barbara News-Press, Rafael Maldonado, File)

Vaughn McMillan
11-28-2005, 6:25 PM
Having seen Sam on one of the late-night talk shows, I can only say his death would have been merciful IMHO. He did not seem to be an animal that was having any fun or quality of life. Blind, deaf, tumor-ridden, and a nasty, psychotic temperament, I dispute his owner's claim that Sam was "cute". I prefer dogs to most people, but Sam is one dog I would have put down with no regrets.

- Vaughn

Jim Young
11-28-2005, 8:01 PM
That little guy looks outright scary

Dan Mages
11-29-2005, 8:54 AM
Yeah... that is one ugly mutt!! Kinda reminds me of Risso the Rat from the Muppet Show.

Dan

Mark Singer
11-29-2005, 9:04 AM
I bet he is very sweet and cuddily:confused:

Dennis Peacock
11-29-2005, 9:57 AM
Boy, that sure IS an ugly dawg!!!!!! :eek:

Jeff Sudmeier
11-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Having seen Sam on one of the late-night talk shows, I can only say his death would have been merciful IMHO. He did not seem to be an animal that was having any fun or quality of life. Blind, deaf, tumor-ridden, and a nasty, psychotic temperament, I dispute his owner's claim that Sam was "cute". I prefer dogs to most people, but Sam is one dog I would have put down with no regrets.

- Vaughn

Agreed! Sam just looked miserable.

Michael Gibbons
12-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Looks kinda like a zombie to me. Flesh, I need flesh!!

Bob Oehler
12-01-2005, 2:24 PM
I know that dog would not have graced the floor of my shop. I love having a dog in the shop to talk to and share with my wood triumpths when no human is with me. :cool:
Besides my dog lets me know when the wood burner needs to be turned down a notch. If she starts moving away close the draft a little.;)

take care
Bob O.