PDA

View Full Version : Cook Industrial (Saw blade sharpening in Texas): are they out of bussiness?

Bob Lubecker
10-24-2018, 2:58 PM
I live in the Austin TX area and have tried to contact Cook Industrial Tool in New Braunfels, Texas to arrange dropping off some saw blades for sharpening. They aren't answering their 800 and local phone numbers. Their web site does not have a email address to contact them by. Are they still in business?

If they are out of business, can someone please recommend a place in the Austin area where I can get sharpening done?

Thanks in advance for the help.

John Goodin
10-24-2018, 9:28 PM
I am in Cedar Park and know Cashway Lumber in Leander was a drop off pick up location. Maybe them and ask if they are still open. I also wonder if the recent rain caused an issue down there.

Bob Lubecker
10-29-2018, 5:40 PM
I am in Cedar Park and know Cashway Lumber in Leander was a drop off pick up location. Maybe them and ask if they are still open. I also wonder if the recent rain caused an issue down there.

Thanks for the suggestion.

David Eisenhauer
10-29-2018, 8:42 PM
Bob - I live in the greater Austin area and tried the drop-off and re pickup-a-week-later-service one time. In spite of their good reputation, things did not work out as well as expected, so I went back to mailing my blades to Ballew Saw and Tool in Missouri as I had been previously been doing. I have used Ballew since the mid 1980's and have always had good service with turnaround (inc shipping) around a week or so. As near as I can figure, they pretty much immediately jump on the sharpening when the blades arrive and then send them back out the next day. They have done 10" RAS/TS saw blades (carbide and steel), planer and jointer knives plus carbide router bits for me, all with no issues. I have always remembered their (pre internet days) phone number of 1-800-CUTRITE. I have no doubt that there are many perfectly suitable sharpening services around, just passing along a contact that works for me. Best of luck.

Bob Lubecker
10-30-2018, 7:40 PM
Bob - I live in the greater Austin area and tried the drop-off and re pickup-a-week-later-service one time. In spite of their good reputation, things did not work out as well as expected, so I went back to mailing my blades to Ballew Saw and Tool in Missouri as I had been previously been doing. I have used Ballew since the mid 1980's and have always had good service with turnaround (inc shipping) around a week or so. As near as I can figure, they pretty much immediately jump on the sharpening when the blades arrive and then send them back out the next day. They have done 10" RAS/TS saw blades (carbide and steel), planer and jointer knives plus carbide router bits for me, all with no issues. I have always remembered their (pre internet days) phone number of 1-800-CUTRITE. I have no doubt that there are many perfectly suitable sharpening services around, just passing along a contact that works for me. Best of luck.

Thanks for the recommendation.