PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1617 Router Switch Problem...

Derek Arita
10-24-2018, 11:04 AM
I have a 1617 with the D handle. On the handle, there's a button to press to hold the router on. That button seems to have sunken in so far into the hole, that it it difficult to press. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and is there a fix.

Mike Henderson
10-24-2018, 2:59 PM
I have the 1617 D handle and have not had that problem. I'm sure you can order a replacement. I've used www.ereplacementparts.com (http://www.ereplacementparts.com)

Mike

Derek Arita
10-24-2018, 5:05 PM
Just called Bosch and got the replacement #. I ordered it off of ereplacement. Seems the on-hold button is part of the trigger switch, so I had to purchase the whole thing. I also went into the handle and looked at the button and it seems fine, however it may have been pushed in too far for all I know. Anyhow, I glued on an extension and it works, so I'll hold onto the new part for when the current switch goes out. I don't use that router very often, so I can't imagine how it happened, unless it came that was and I just never really noticed it.

Dick Mahany
10-24-2018, 5:07 PM
Mine has always been a little difficult to engage as it is nearly flush to the body to begin with. That means two hands for me to engage the button. When the trigger is off, I can push the lock button about a millimeter or so and feel it bottom out as it hits the untriggered switch. Then when I pull the trigger, it can go a few more mm in, but it really takes another hand to push the button into the lock position. Is yours similar? It doesn't feel like it can go too deep to begin with. This is very different from other tools that I have that have a distinctly proud lock button. The picture shows mine in the unlocked position.

Derek Arita
10-24-2018, 5:32 PM
Dick, that's a perfect picture to show me how it should look. Unfortunately, my button sat about 1mm shy of the surface, which made it really difficult to I engage using my right thumb. After adding on a little extension, it looks a bit more like yours, but not as proud, but still better than it was. It'll be interesting for me to see what the new one looks like. I may go back in and add even more, if I can find a suitable piece of something to add. Thanks again for the pic.