PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking saftey hits Hollywood

Mark Singer
11-28-2005, 12:23 PM
In the new movie "Walk The Line" the story of Johnny Cash's life his brother dies , as a young boy, from a tablesaw accident....kickback...
I guess that was a true account of what actually happened... The movie was pretty good...not great...."Ray" was a much more interesting movie about a famous singer...

Kevin Murdock
11-28-2005, 1:08 PM
Mark,

You are correct, it was a pretty good movie.

If I recall in an interview with Johnny Cash he mentioned that this brother actually fell forward onto the tablesaw. He was so young that he was standing on a box to get high enough on the table.

May have been kickback induced, but it actually cracked open his chest and was very ugly. He was almost cut in two, and he lived for close to a week after the accident.

About as ugly a tablesaw accident that you could have I think.

/Kevin

Martin Shupe
11-28-2005, 2:57 PM
that I like is "For the love of the game", with Kevin Costner.

He also has a mishap, I think with a tablesaw. I liked the movie, and the book was written by Shaara, the same guy who wrote "The Killer Angels".

I have not seen the Cash movie yet, but it is on my list.

Michael Gabbay
11-28-2005, 3:41 PM
With all of this talk about router and table saw accidents I think I'll cut some dovetails tonight... by hand!

Steve Roxberg
11-28-2005, 4:57 PM
With all of this talk about router and table saw accidents I think I'll cut some dovetails tonight... by hand!

Just don't let that chisel slip, .......

Mike Vermeil
11-28-2005, 11:19 PM
The movie was pretty good...not great...."Ray" was a much more interesting movie about a famous singer...

I agree that "Ray" was a better movie, but you gotta admit that Jaquin (sp?) Phoenix did an awesome job. One of the better performances I've seen in quite a while, especially when you consider he did all of the singing. Seems to be a trend these days; Ray, Walk the Line, the movie about Bobby Darin with Kevin Spacey.

Sorry, absolutely nothing ww'ing related in this reply!