PDA

View Full Version : Delta 22-580 Planer dust collection

stan shields
10-21-2018, 7:03 PM
Just picked up one of these on CL, really happy with it so far. Does anybody have one of these? I'm planning to make a chip shroud and did some poking around the machine, the steel plate that covers the cutters and forms the top of the chip exit is a mystery, there's a bent piece of sheet metal that seems designed to impede the flow of chips, wondering if it's designed this way or this one is bent. Appreciate any help.395247395248

Davis Young
10-22-2018, 1:27 AM
I have the 22-580 and I like it a lot. I don’t have access to my machine right now so I can’t take the hood off to check until probably later in the week. The plastic dust hood for it is still available on eBay, Delta model #50-446. It is effective, though it can clog when planing wet and “fluffy” chips, though that is due to the narrow geometry of the planer chute.

Doug Landphair
10-22-2018, 6:27 PM
I had a 22-580 and purchased the plastic dust hood/collector. Well worth the bucks.

George Bokros
10-22-2018, 6:37 PM
I have the 22-580 and the dust hood. The hood does a good job. I had some trouble with it clogging on me when planning sugar pine not with anything else I have planned. I have planed red oak, white oak, cherry, and maple with no clogging.

The dust hood is worth the investment.