PDA

View Full Version : Small Projec for the LOML

George Bokros
10-21-2018, 4:57 PM
She wants a wooden small tray. I have two questions.....

I want to round over the top outside edge around all four sides, how would you do this? Run it top edge down on the router table after assembly?

I want to round over the four outside corners, how would you do this? They tray is being built with locking rabbet/dado outside corners. Would you round over the verticle corners on the sides, ends will be between the sides, before assembly?

Hope I have made this clear.

Thanks

Bradley Gray
10-21-2018, 5:07 PM
I would do all the round-overs after assembly.

Use your router table with a bit that's radius is less than half the thickness of sides.

johnny means
10-21-2018, 7:35 PM
I'm reading that you want something like this photo.
Radiusing the inside corner is going to involve oversizing the material than milling out the excess after construction. It's the type of detail that turns a 1000 dollar project into a 3000 dollar project.

Lee Schierer
10-21-2018, 10:00 PM
This 3 x 3 x 4-1/2" box was made with locking rabbet joints on the corners. The outside corners were rounded with a ROS to prevent chipping. The top edges were rounded on the router table. Ends were routed first then the sides.

Tom Bender
10-24-2018, 7:58 AM
A good rasp can do it.

Yonak Hawkins
10-24-2018, 10:52 AM
I would do all the round-overs after assembly.

Use your router table with a bit that's radius is less than half the thickness of sides.

This is how I would do it, as well, if you only want to round off the outside edges.

If you're asking for a rounding off scheme, I usually round everything off to some degree .. but no interior fillets.