PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Phone Call Today

George Bokros
10-21-2018, 4:15 PM
I just received a call on my landline. My caller id showed my name as the caller and the phone number shown was my landline number. So lets see, I used my landline to call myself on my landline., interesting.

Guess they thought I might answer since I might have wanted to talk to myself.

Interesting.

Bob Glenn
10-21-2018, 4:20 PM
We had our land line turned off for that very reason. However, the wife is now getting those kind of calls on her cell phone. Me, I leave my cell phone off unless I need it. These scammers are going to ruin everything before they're done.

Patrick McCarthy
10-21-2018, 5:45 PM
George, I understand your skepticism, but some of my best conversations have been with myself.:eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
10-21-2018, 5:54 PM
I have been talking to myself for decades without a phone. It's a budget saver!;)

George Bokros
10-21-2018, 6:22 PM
George, I understand your skepticism, but some of my best conversations have been with myself.:eek:

I have been talking to myself for decades without a phone. It's a budget saver!;)

I agree with you both.

Bill Orbine
10-21-2018, 6:49 PM
What do you do when you talk to yourself long distance?

Bruce Wrenn
10-21-2018, 7:07 PM
What do you do when you talk to yourself long distance?Dial 1 plus the area code first.

Lee Schierer
10-21-2018, 8:11 PM
I always win the arguments when I talk to myself. :D

Matt Day
10-21-2018, 10:15 PM
What’s a land line?

John K Jordan
10-21-2018, 10:19 PM
I just received a call on my landline. My caller id showed my name as the caller and the phone number shown was my landline number. So lets see, I used my landline to call myself on my landline.

Question is, did you answer, listen to your sales pitch, and give yourself your credit card number?

JKJ

Ken Fitzgerald
10-21-2018, 11:04 PM
Question is, did you answer, listen to your sales pitch, and give yourself your credit card number?

JKJ

If he's like me, he did and had to pull the credit card out of his billfold to read it aloud to himself!:eek:

Jim Koepke
10-22-2018, 2:02 AM
For some reason this makes me think of a Mark Twain quote, "if you can't stand solitude, perhaps others find you boring as well."

Bert Kemp
10-22-2018, 7:29 AM
When I call myself I just let the answering machine get it, then I listen to myself leave me a message:rolleyes: