PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Microphone System

Mike Henderson
10-20-2018, 9:57 PM
If you do woodworking videos, or any kind of videos, having a wireless microphone really improves the audio quality. Amazon has the Samson system (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X99304C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)available in their warehouse deals for a very good price. The Samson unit gets very good reviews.

I bought one from their warehouse deals recently and it was new, as far as I can tell.

An alternative to a wireless mike is to record the audio separately and then sync the audio and video in post processing - but that's a hassle.

And if you don't do woodworking videos, this may be valuable to your church or for other situations where you or others do public speaking.

Mike

Frederick Skelly
10-21-2018, 7:39 AM
Thanks Mike.

Steve Middleton
10-21-2018, 8:19 AM
Samson makes a good product.

Bill Dufour
10-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Why does no one use throat mikes in the noisy workshop videos. Is the sound quality too low.

Mike Henderson
10-21-2018, 1:11 PM
Why does no one use throat mikes in the noisy workshop videos. Is the sound quality too low.

When I do a woodworking video, I talk before turning the machine on. When the machine is on, I don't talk - I concentrate on what I'm doing.

When doing hand tool things, noise is not a problem.

I never thought of using a throat microphone.

Mike

P.S. there was only one unit at the warehouse price ($126). What I did was use camelcamelcamel to set an alert and when the price got down, I was alerted to go purchase it.