PDA

View Full Version : Laser Cut 5.3 without a "Soft Dog" usb

daniel coyle
10-19-2018, 2:15 PM
I have a 9060 100Watt Laser from Laserworld circa 2013ish. It was a nightmare, I bought another laser, and, after a couple years, I am trying to get this one up and running again. In the mean time I lost the "soft dog" that was needed to run the lasercut 5.3 software.

So two questions:

anyone know the easiest way to replace the "soft dog" - i haven't heard back from laserworld yet
anyone know of a way to download and use lasercut 5.3/equivalent WITHOUT needing to have the softdog?
is there anything else out there that is better and/or easier to install and use than 5.3?

I realize this question must have been asked before but I could not find any useful references/threads after searching for a half hour.

Thanks for any help

Rich Harman
10-19-2018, 6:41 PM
You mean a "dongle"?

None of my machines have required a dongle, if you cannot find an easy solution I think it would be worth just replacing it with a new Ruida controller.

I also have a couple spare controllers from several years ago, if you want to send me the model numbers of what you have I can see if what I have is compatible.

stan kern
10-19-2018, 9:51 PM
you cannot beat the dongle

Bert Kemp
10-20-2018, 3:13 PM
I think Rabbit Lasersells the softdog dongles

daniel coyle
10-21-2018, 11:56 PM
Thanks Bert. I will call Ray and Carole and see what they have. Will keep in mind the Ruida controller as well. I had been hoping that someone might have created an "open source" software that would negate the need for the dongle.

daniel coyle
10-25-2018, 12:25 AM
Got it from Ray. $142

Bert Kemp
10-26-2018, 10:51 AM
Got it from Ray. $142[/QUOTE[QUOTE]AWESOME YOUR UP AND RUNNING AGAIN

Bill Carruthers
10-26-2018, 6:15 PM
[QUOTE=daniel coyle;2858168]I have a 9060 100Watt Laser from Laserworld circa 2013ish. It was a nightmare, I bought another laser, and, after a couple years, I am trying to get this one up and running again. In the mean time I lost the "soft dog" that was needed to run the lasercut 5.3 software.

So two questions:

anyone know the easiest way to replace the "soft dog" - i haven't heard back from laserworld yet
anyone know of a way to download and use lasercut 5.3/equivalent WITHOUT needing to have the softdog?
is there anything else out there that is better and/or easier to install and use than 5.3?

Yes - Lightburn is the go to replacement for RDWorks and Laserworks if you are running a Ruida controller -Which many of the Chinese machines do. There's a free trial available at https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/trial-version-try-before-you-buy .

Gene Uselman
11-02-2018, 3:29 PM
For $350 you can buy a new Ruida 6442 controller, software is free [no dongle] and you can try Lightburn. I have tried Lasercut and switched to Ruida and never looked back.