PDA

View Full Version : A new use for parallel clamps

Matt Day
10-18-2018, 10:30 PM
We’re going on a family road trip tomorrow, my wife and I and our 4 year old and 5 year old. We’ll surely need a break once in a while and will let the kids watch a tv show on the Kindle Fire. Problem was we couldn’t figure out a way for both kids to watch one screen. Surely there is some high tech way to sync two of them or something, but this is my low-tech woodworking solution. Fingers crossed!

Aaron Rosenthal
10-19-2018, 12:50 AM
Like the idea - too bad the clamp isn't vertical to keep them apart.

Matt Day
10-19-2018, 12:53 PM
Not sure what you mean? Keep the kids apart?

Jim Becker
10-19-2018, 1:08 PM
Matt, I can't see it in the photo, but what's keeping that clamp in place so it doesn't fire forward into your dashboard if you have to stop quickly? 'Just curious! Nice solution for sure.

Jim Koepke
10-19-2018, 2:56 PM
Bring another clamp or two, some bungee cords, a roll of duck tape (Quack! It holds America together®) and you should be good to go. :D

jtk

Matt Day
10-19-2018, 7:01 PM
Matt, I can't see it in the photo, but what's keeping that clamp in place so it doesn't fire forward into your dashboard if you have to stop quickly? 'Just curious! Nice solution for sure.

My elbow?!

Frederick Skelly
10-19-2018, 7:14 PM

Clever idea Matt. I had the same concern as Jim - or worse that it might somehow come loose in an accident and skewer your wee ones.

Bruce Wrenn
10-21-2018, 7:13 PM
"Make him stop! What is he doing? He's looking out MY window!!!" Have fun on the road trip.

Matt Day
10-21-2018, 10:19 PM
The trip went well and the clamp worked great! My wife and I had a number of things packed to keep the kids busy (games, toys, food, art, etc) and we kept the screen time at a minimum, only a couple 20 minute shows for each 6 hour trip.

And we got to see the Boilermakers (our new home team) trounce the Buckeyes (our old home team)!